MomMD - Women in Medicine
With over 9,000 community members, MomMD is the largest and best site devoted to women in medicine.
Our goal is to encourage and support women physicians, residents, medical students, premeds and nurses not only in their careers but also in life and home.
The challenges facing women physicians can appear daunting, but as our numbers grow healthcare institutions are beginning to recognize that they need to change. Our physician resources are built with dr mom and mom MD in mind.
- Physician job listings - the best health care companies and hospitals in the country know that women bring a unique perspective to the practice of medicine. Career resources also include doctor salary information broken down by specialties, like anesthesiology salary or pediatrician salary survey results. We also now have physician job search options by medical specialty or city and state.
- We now have a growing list of CME courses, including cardiology CME and anesthesiology CME courses (with pain management CME as well), and more on the way.
- Physician recruiters - they can ease a career transition, but it's important to understand the nature of the relationship and the job of a recruiter.
- Medical practice management - avoiding the four deadly assumptions that could end a practice.
- Starting your own medical practice - One Doctor tells her story.
- Work-life balance - is more than an abstract concept for physician moms, it's a necessity.
- Locum Tenens - Find locum jobs and get assistance with daily-rate malpractice insurance, licensing, privileging, and travel.
- Doctor forum - join our community of women physicians.
- USMLE - U.S. medical licensing exam information for all three steps for allopathic medical students.
- COMLEX - medical licensing exam information for osteopathic medical students.
- Residency match - building up to the March match day.
- USMLE practice questions - 60 questions with anotated answers provided by Kaplan Medical.
- Residency personal statements - among the most important components of your residency application.
- USMLE forum - get advice and give advice
- What is the difference between an MD and DO doctor?
- Medical school application - it's a two step process starting with the AMCAS application.
- Becoming a doctor - how to navigate the difficult decisions around getting into and through medical school.
- How to Become a Doctor - becoming a physician is a long and hard process, but a meaningful one.
- Medical school interview - do you know what your job in the med school interview is?
- MCAT test prep - the MCAT is difficult exam, but one you can do well on with the proper preparation.
- MCAT registration information for premeds planning to take the exam.
- Pre-med forum - advice from medical students and physicians abound.
- RN jobs - free listing of RN, LVN, LPN and CNA jobs.
- Nursing salaries - recent data on pay trends and amounts for all nursing levels.
- Travel nursing jobs - the benefits and issues with short-term nursing jobs.
- Nursing forum - a discussion board specifically for nurses and nursing students.
Latest Blog Posts
Moms & medicine
Recent Forum Posts
are all inpatient rotations like this?
Stuck in medicine
Not that I want to start my first entry this way..
DEBT + NEW BABY + NEW ATTENDING, SEEKING ADVICE
12/11/13 09:07 PM