Welcome, Guest
Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

TOPIC: From Banking to MD - where to start?

From Banking to MD - where to start? 2 weeks 4 days ago #96723

• Morgana_Irish
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi to all,

I have posted in another section of this site, however just came across this section which I believe is more appropriate :-)
I am going to be totally honest... I am so new to this although spent months trying to figure our how to start, and contemplating whether switching from my current career as Regulatory Compliance Director in a tier 1 bank to Doctor is truly what I want. It has been 10 months and the answer is YES, that's what I would like; however I need planning - where to start? :-)

I am a mother of 4 adorable kids ranging from 14 to 7 years, am 35 years young (excuse me!!!) with an amazing supportive husband and mother. I have been volunteering in an oncologic occupational therapy charity for years... well, I am used to follow my mother around in hospitals. The passion is there.

Back to the journey to become one...I take that for med school I will have to start my study from scratch as my degree is totally unrelated and foreign (Irish - how much I miss home!).

Should I attend a community college then migrate to university for pre-med pre-requisites prior to sitting MCAT? I am based in Florida.

I am so lost - help is much appreciated please. Thank you in advance.

Happy 2017 to all xx
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: TexasRose, efex101
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!