Anesthesiology CME courses cover a wide range of topics. Whether you are looking for a discussion on transesophageal ECHOCardiography (TEE), regional anesthesia & ultrasound, emerging technologies, or even on managing mass casualties in an era of WMDs, there have never been more options available to physicians.
Continuing medical education courses for anesthesiologists are available both as traditional conferences and workshops and as convenient online courses.
Certainly, for hands-on training and networking, and to earn more credits in a deep-dive format, the traditional CME conferences and workshops are the way to go. However, for lower-cost and less time-intensive alternatives, where credits can be spread out over time, online anesthesiology CME offerings are ideal.
Examples of other current anesthesiology CME topics include:
CME courses for fields emerging from anesthesiology
Emerging from the field of anesthesiology, pain management has grown substantially over the last 15 years. It now commands more attention from a broader range of medical and surgical specialties, as well as greater availability of pain management CME course offerings.
Anesthesiology CME Resources
- Check out our MomMD.com Anesthesiology CME courses and our full list of CME courses.
- Netdoc.com’s large database lists CME courses with contact and registration information.
- The American Society of Anesthesiologists and Anesthesiology News both provide news and education resources.
- Anesthesiology courses, including advanced echocardiography, through the Mayo Clinic.
- Medscape, the current gold standard in online CME, has a good set of anesthesiology-specific courses.
This article is part of a MomMD series on continuing medical education.