Practical Reviews is a fast, effective way to stay on top of new medical information and earn online CME. Featuring expert audio, text commentary and relevant clinical tips, articles are hand-selected from leading medical journals across 20 specialties. Subscribe today and choose a special discount or an Amazon.com Gift Card!
Practical Reviews is just that — practical, expert reviews of the most significant articles from the top medical journals. This time-saving information management tool helps you understand what’s relevant to your practice, and keeps you on the cutting edge of patient care. Explore reviews in your specialty plus 19 others. These engaging audio commentaries and written summaries focus on the hottest topics, newest technologies, groundbreaking clinical tests, and more.
It takes just 15 minutes to read the summary, listen to the commentary, take a quiz and earn credit. A subscription includes access to the online database, audio, PDF abstracts and quizzes, not to mention the free app. You can also add audio CDs and printed abstracts, which we'll mail directly to you each month.
The Brigham Board Review in Critical Care Medicine is a wide-ranging review of the essential topics in the field. It highlights best practice guidelines for the management of various emergency situations encountered in critical care along with the latest developments and helps you stay informed. Led by Gerald L. Weinhouse, MD, it covers a wide range of topics like hemorrhagic shock, sepsis, acute coronary syndrome, arrhythmias, approach to the comatose patient, acid-base disorders, and more. It will help you to better:
- Apply current/recommended critical care guidelines in clinical practice
- Perform differential diagnosis of complex clinical presentations related to critical care disorders
- Apply the latest therapeutic options for specific critical care disorders
- Evaluate and interpret up-to-date literature relevant to clinical practice
- Apply knowledge of pathophysiology in the management of critical care disorders
- Prepare for ABIM critical care medicine certification/recertification exams
- Incorporate new knowledge into daily practice to provide optimal care to patients