This is an online, self online CME self-learning program for therapeutic updates, best practices, and emerging therapies for Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP). Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP) is a chronic, acquired, autoimmune disorder affecting the peripheral nervous system. Occurring at an incidence of 4-9 people per 100,000, CIDP most commonly occurs in adults aged of 40 to 60, although it may also occur in children and the elderly.
By the end of the session the participant will be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiology of CIDP such that it might inform treatment mechanisms
- Identify the currently available and emerging pharmacotherapeutic treatments for management of CIDP and apply them to patient cases using evidence-based medicine
- Modify an existing treatment plan for a specific patient with CIDP to optimize safety and efficacy following non-response to therapy
- Describe non-pharmacological options to manage CIDP
- George T. Grossberg, MD Samuel W. Fordyce Professor; Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- David Beck, MD Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Saint Louis University School of Medicine
Topic and Learning Objectives
- Identify different and various forms of agitation among patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD).
- Review proposed mechanisms underlying agitation in AD and how pharmacologic agents may affect them
- Evaluate body of evidence of current and emerging pharmacologic agents for the management of agitation/aggression in patients with AD
- ADHD: Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices (Floyd Sallee MD, PhD)
- Alzheimer Disease: Therapeutic Updates, Best Practices, and Barriers to Care (Richard Stefanacci DO, MGH, MBA, AGSF, CMD)
- Bipolar disorder: Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices (Robert Post MD)
- Schizophrenia: Barriers to Care, Therapeutic Updates, and Best Practices (Rimal Bera MD)
- Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices in the Treatment of Major Depressive Disorders (MDD) (Sarah Grady PharmD)
- Therapeutic Updates and Best Practices in the Treatment of Schizophrenia (Troy Moore PharmD)
A one-hour lecture covering immunomodulatory therapy, IVIg in particular, for the treatment of CIDP.