× General Discussion

Teaching while going to medical school

More
5 months 1 week ago #96703 by Shania E.
Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible for one to attend medical school while teaching primary school. I am an undergraduate student and I am double majoring in pre-medical studies and teaching. Is this the right choice? Or should I stick to medical school?

All opinions are welcome!!!
More
5 months 1 week ago #96704 by sahmd
If teaching primary school is a full-time job, then no, there is no way to do that while going to medical school. I think even having a part-time job would decrease the amount of time and energy available for medical school, but occasionally people will do that on a very limited basis. The years of medical school are very busy and there is so much to learn. And the better you do in medical school, the more choices you will have in choosing a specialty and getting into a good residency. If being a physician is your long-term goal, then focus your efforts on that.
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #96719 by ctenj
Totally agree with sahmd on this. Part time jobs MIGHT be possible but likely not advisable the first two years of medical school. Third year when doing your clerkships, there is no time... Not to mention that during third year, you will have rigid hours that have you coming into the hospital early and leaving late. I think you should make a choice about what you want to do and stick with it.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!