2003 new year resolutions?

Home Forums General Discussion 2003 new year resolutions?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Does anyone have any? Or have you given up on them! Be interesting to post and come back later and see what’s happened.

Mine are:

1. to be more patient
    2. finally get rid of the baby weight (11lbs)

that’s it for now…. :rotfl:

Sethina

sweetybirdsweetybird
    Participant

My resolution, which I decided in June actually, was to be running road races by summer time. In June, I told myself a year from now, I will be running on a regular basis. I used to run long-distance, but quit after my second child. My life was never the same…lol

bzmom4bzmom4
    Participant

My New Year 2003 resolution was to stop swearing.
    :boggled:
    So now, the resolution is that I’m going to work on my problem with swearing….
    I knew I had a problem but it didn’t really come to a head until my then 3 yr old son referred to my bedroom door as the ‘damn door’. I started using substitutes like ‘crap’ or ‘gee wiz’ but now I’m back to the bigtime (well, almost…I refuse to use the f word or use God’s name in vain but I have a problem with sh%# & da#@). Might have something to do with my oldest son becoming a teenager…. :scratchchin:
    I know I can beat this. I just need to be more conscious of what I’m doing. Just pray for me! 😉

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

1. to get into med school!
    2. the omnipresent- to lose weight!

DuckDuck
    Participant

I must do the following:

1. Stay focused and keep my eyes on the prize. 😎

2. Lose weight for health :crossfingers:

3. Remember not to worry about little things.

Duck

EemaMDEemaMD
    Participant

I usually don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but I decided to this year.

To take better care of myself

That is to care better care of myself in all ways. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. It’s also general enough that it can be done by a bubble bath, by praying, by hiding in a chair to read a book, to run 5 miles, etc.

Linda

sweetybirdsweetybird
    Participant

:wave: Thank you momof4 for the e-mail. It really made my day. I have four kids also, they are 7 mos, 5, 7 and 8 years old. I was actually talking to my husband last night about running. I was sent a pamphlet in the mail from the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society about their “Team in Training” early is December. The meeting is coming up in less than two weeks. You may have already heard of it but if not, you could view it on the net. My husband at first, said he was worried that I was getting side-tracked from school and also worried about my time constraints. I became so angry at him, thinking he wasn’t even trying to support me. I really miss running. I still suscribe to runner’s world just to keep up on info. I just find it so hard to get back in shape. Well, after last night, I’m really excited and my husband just brightened up after I asked him if he would do this with me. Your reply about you and husband running a marathon was exactly what I needed to read to realize that this is realistic for us. I’m just so happy. I guess I’ve never talked to anyone about my desire to run again, but since I started to talk about it after having the baby, things are really starting to come about. I just feel like the “Team in Training” just provides me for motivation, b/c it’s always so hard for a mom to do things just for herself (for me anyways).

EemaMDEemaMD
    Participant

So now, the resolution is that I’m going to work on my problem with swearing….

We actually have a way of dealing with swearing in our family. We have a tzedakah (charity) box on our kitchen counter. Any time anyone swears, they are required to put money into the box. The kids later get to help choose what charity we will give the money to. 🙂 :twocents:

BrezanBrezan
    Participant

To stay focused and determined. And it wouldn’t hurt to lose my baby weight about 15 #’s. It’s always those last 10 to 15 #’s, ugh! :goodvibes:

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

seems a lot of us have baby weight left!! :p

I’ve got 11lbs to go, and I’ve carried that for 4 years, so I guess it’s not really baby weight anymore…!

Sethina

LenaLena
    Participant

This is a reply for Sweetybird’s posting above…

I can’t recommend Team in Training (TNT) enough! I trained for two marathons with a Northern California chapter–not bad for someone who could previously only run, at most, a few miles at a time. I’ve never considered myself an athletic person, so the achievement of completing a marathon meant that much more to me. The coaches, mentors, fellow runners and Honored Patients kept me motivated and inspired. I trained for the first marathon during my last year of residency ( :banghead: ), so it took some schedule juggling to get in those training sessions, but it was worth it.

You must be incredibly busy with four kids ( 😮 ), but you won’t regret for a second taking the time to participate in TNT. It’s truly amazing to get lost in something bigger than yourself. You’ll have a blast! :hyper:

If anyone else has a similar resolution for 2003, check out the Team in Training or Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of America website!

bzmom4bzmom4
    Participant

Great job, Sweetybird! It’s good that your hubby realizes your need for this.
    EemaMD: I think I will try that. The charities in Central Florida thank you! :rotfl:

UCLABruinUCLABruin
    Participant

My resolutions are:

1. To continue to work my hardest in school
    2. To stay in good shape and eat healthy things
    3. To grow spiritually

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

My resolutions

1. study hard and do well in Org II & MCAT

2. Turn in those applications for med school and not let anything stand in my way!

I’ve put it off long enough, time to go for it!
    Theresa

PS- oh yeah, and those 10 lbs I’ve been meaning to deal with… 😉

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

My New Years Resolution for 2003:

1. Be a better mommy to my baby girl…to spend every day that I have with her as if she will be married off tomarrow :blush:

3. To lose the “baby weight” :rotfl:

Good luck everyone…

~Annie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.