25 studying med. in Cuba looking 4 a mentor

Home Forums Mentoring – Find a Mentor 25 studying med. in Cuba looking 4 a mentor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RazelRazel
    Participant

Hello! I am 25 year old U.S. citizen who has just been accepted on a full scholarship to study medicine at ELAM in Cuba. I am very excited about this incredible opportunity that has been given to me. However, I do not have family to support me and I am a bit nervous about the challenges I know I am going to face both as a foreigner and as a medical student. I am not yet sure which field of medicine I would like to go into, though the areas that currently interest me are oncology, obstetrics and HIV/AIDS. My hobbies include reading, writing, community activism, watching indy films, cooking and dancing (African dance and salsa). If anyone is interested in being a mentor, a pen pal or is just curious about the Cuba Medical Scholarship (which will be offered to U.S. students for the next 7 years), I would be very excited to hear from you!!! Also if anyone knows of any research projects that I can partake in over the summer that would be great! Be well. :rotfl:

docnrolldocnroll
    Participant

I leave for cuba in 10days on a medical CME /joint meeting…. Are you already there or do you want me to find anything out for you….docnroll

fwmdfwmd
    Participant

Razel,
    I am a 32 yo cuban american practicing psychiatry in texas with two sons. I was born and raised in the US by my parents who left Cuba in the 1959. I have never been to Cuba and have been discouraged by my family to visit. I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.