Accepted!!!

Home Forums Premed Students Accepted!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Guess what I got on the mail today while furiously preparing a huge Thanksgiving meal??? An acceptance letter from Baylor medical school!!! :rotfl: :cloud9: My #1 school!!!

It really can happen for us, ladies! Even those of us with husbands and kids and less-than-perfect academic records.

Happy Thanksgiving! mine will be a blissful one. :cloud9:

Theresa

efex101efex101
    Participant

Yessssss!!!!! I am so happy for you OMG! what a great way to celebrate Thanksgiving, oh by the way can I come over? he he. I hate cooking aggghhh! I am so very happy that you get into your top choice although I always KNEW that you would woooohooooooo!

lorilori
    Participant

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! I am soooo happy for you! I received my acceptance letter last year right before Thanksgiving too (at my first choice too 🙂 ). I had so much to be thankful for and still do! Once again, congrats! It is such great news!!!!

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Theresa, You go girl!!!!
    Were you asked about your kids in your interview, was it mentioned in your personal statement?
    Im curious, you know I am with my half dozen kids!

DuckDuck
    Participant

Excellent and congrats to you 🙂

asunshineasunshine
    Participant

That’s SO awesome! Keep us posted on the process. You deserve this, after all your hard work. I’m so jealous 🙂
    amy

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

PremedRN- Yes, actually, my kids are mentioned in my personal statement. I was asked about them in all my interviews in some form or another. I talked about my daughter’s open-heart surgery as an infant as a turning point in my decision to pursue medicine. In my accpetance letter, the Dean actually wrote that he was touched by what I wrote about her influence on my decision. So it couldn’t have hurt me! 😉 Oh yeah, and I never held down a fulltime job while going to school like you have!!! PM me if you want more details.

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! It is such a strange and wonderful feeling to have this letter in my hand after 8 years. I’d been sidetracked so many times (husband’s work, 3 kids, etc) that I truly feared it would never happen for me.

:cloud9: Theresa

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Congratulations Theresa, I’m so excited for you! Baylor is an excellent school and I’m so glad that you got into your FIRST choice! Now…take it easy and enjoy the rest of the year! Happy Thanksgiving!

scoutscout
    Participant

Theresa!!! What a beatiful way to celebrate TG! I got on line after a long time and I am reading about your acceptance to Baylor to my husband!!! We are both very happy for you!

Best!
    Madhu

Doc201XDoc201X
    Participant

Way to go! :hyper:

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

congrats, Theresa!

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

Congrats to you! That is so wonderful. Good Luck

Michelle

UCLABruinUCLABruin
    Participant

Congratulations! 🙂

DrWuStar *DrWuStar*
    Participant

YAY!!!

great job theresa!!! congratulations!

mehakmehak
    Participant

Congrats, Theresa!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.