ADOPTION

Home Forums Debates, Issues & Talk ADOPTION

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    maggie52maggie52
    Participant

Anyone in the market for adopting right now? Too many choices, too little time!

MTaylorMTaylor
    Participant

What do you mean? Do you know someone who is pregnant and looking to put their baby up for adoption?

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

Adoption is dear to my heart! Bless the women who choose to give their children into the arms of another couple….I can’t imagine what it must be like for them. BUT, I have witnessed the heartbreak of infertility, the longing for a family, and the intense joy that comes when that little one is placed in their arms. ….and it seems there are more waiting homes than mothers willing to let go. I know of several couples waiting…hoping….dreaming….and praying.

cvillwoc@cp.chemeketa.edu

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

I have to add a story for it is indirectly related to this topic. My sister had a child at 17. Decided 9 mos after having him, it wasnt for her..became irresponsible, and my mother, single, was left to raise him. She then later had 2 addtional children…my mom left to raise the dtr (my little niece) at about age2, and my younger sister to raise the baby boy at 5 months old, mind you, my sister did not desire to have children of here own, but stepped up to the plate. Well, she is now(my older sister who already turned her back on 3) pregnant yet again. And we are all wondering who is going to take care of this child, for we are not confident she will ever be the mother she should be. My mom jokingly stated that it was my turn to take care of the baby, since she and my younger sister have the others. I said NOT! I have 6 I am raising now. Not that I dont love that unborn child, I just refuse to contribute to her irresponsibility. Maybe if she KNEW she had no other choice but to raise the baby HERSELF, she would do it. It is such a pity. Why, she can get pregnant at the drop of a hat, when all of these other people who have such trouble conceiving and would probably make great parents. As sad as it would be to let my own flesh and blood (the unborn child) be put up for adoption, I feel this could be the only option in the event she decides to not be a mom, yet again, for the 4th time. She never learns….

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

My husband and I are in the process of completing a homestudy for international adoption. We are hoping to adopt from S. Korea in the next year. :crossfingers: I was miserably sick with my daughter and hated being pregnant. I have also always wanted to adopt, so the timing seemed right. The domestic adoption scene seems to be so competitive with everyone vying for the children. We aren’t in a place to do a special needs adoption right now, and I don’t feel comfortable joiing the competition with couples who are unable to have their own children. But, the international thing seems different to me. We are open to a toddler/preschooler, not just an infant.

We are very excited and trying to wait patiently. Its hard – you have no concrete timetable to count down with. I am a person that really wants that! So, I am learning how to do it better… :rolleyes:

Any other adoptive mothers or mothers to be out there, feel free to PM me – I’d love to talk to you.

Bekah

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.