Another Intro

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Another Intro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KatieKatie
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I am a registered nurse, mother of a two year old little girl and have been married for six years. I am in a post-baccaluareate pre-med program. I have three more chemistrys and two physics left before I can think about the MCATs and application process. I am a little nervous about keeping it all together. I am still working full-time while taking all these classes, and I don’t know what our situation will be if/when I have to get done. I also fear that I will miss my little girl growing up…not to mention the “baby lust” thing happening right now. I don’t want to put my family on hold just because I want to venture down a new career path. Soooo, that’s a little about me. Anybody relate?

~Katie

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

HI Katie! I can assure that many of us can relate! I’m a mother of 3 kids myself, and a postbacc student as well. You’re in good company! [glasses]
    Theresa

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

Hi katie! I definitely can relate! i worked full time while taking some extra classes and taking the mcat. i do really wish that i hadn’t though. if i had worked only part time or not at all i could have been done by now! and then i feel that i really went about it the wrong way- taking a few extra classes instead of a postbacc program. i have a degree in bio but my grades were less than stellar so i thought that i only had to take a few extra classes to get in. we’ll see if it works!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.