anxious! nervous! excited!

Home Forums Introductions & Connections anxious! nervous! excited!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mattymatty
    Participant

Hello Everyone! My name is Melissa. I am 24 yrs old with a BBA in Managment Information Systems. I am married to my husband as of April 2002. We both had outpatient surgury within a week of each other last October. I have had a strong desire to pursue a career in medicine ever since.

Although I already have an undergraduate degree, I do not have any of the pre-med sciences. I am starting from square one in the spring by taking Gen Chem. I am going to continue to work full time for now.

I have done a ton of research, but I still feel like there is so much to learn! I am very excited about this decision. My husband is extrememly supportive and excited for me. We do want to have children but like most of us, don’t know when the best time will be.

There are so many decisions to be made. I have a good career now and I know that I will eventually have to begin working part time in order to fit in pre-med class time and volunteer work into my schedule (and this is all without children :scratchchin: )! This means that we will have to sell our house and make some life style changes! We are fully prepared to do so, but when???? Now?? The questions are endless!!

Any advice from those of you who went through a similiar situation would be fabulous!!

Thanks! I look forwading to chatting with everyone.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Welcome, Melissa! I hope you will find a ton of ideas and advice in our forums on pursuing your premed studies. It’s very exciting to be starting out on the journey. Are you taking classes at a CC or university?
    Theresa

mattymatty
    Participant

Originally posted by TheresaW:
    [b]Welcome, Melissa! I hope you will find a ton of ideas and advice in our forums on pursuing your premed studies. It’s very exciting to be starting out on the journey. Are you taking classes at a CC or university?
    Theresa[/b]

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for the welcome! I am taking classes at a university.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.