Any Paramedics out there?

Home Forums Premed Students Any Paramedics out there?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Maria_dup2Maria_dup2
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

I am wondering if anyone out there might have an opinion :twocents: on going for a paramedic certificate before pursuing admittance into med school. (Already have a BS)

A quick background:
    I am 32; I will be a certified EMT-B as well as a certified Phlebotomist by 02/15/04. I have gotten straight A’s in these classes but since they are only for certificates the grades are of no value. 🙁

While taking these classes I have worked full time and take care of my mother — she is elderly and disabled.

Outside of taking care of my seriously ill parents (May father had suffered from major complication of diabetes) and my clinicals, I do not have any medical work experience at this time, but hope to be hired into an EMS care setting once I am cetified. (Currently work in IT)

I have always wanted to be a physician, but my grades from my BS many years ago are less than stellar :guilty: Infact they are pretty horrifying ~3.0 Major :crossfingers:

Does this sound like a good/bad plan? Would I still need to go back and take post bach courses again?

Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated!

PrayingforRxPrayingforRx
    Participant

Hey!! 🙂
    I think it depends on how old your other grades are….also if you want to improve them, then going back is never a bad option. Just my 2 cents :-). Med schools usually only take courses that are a certain number of years old. Check specific websites or AMCAS. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.