Any UK members??

Home Forums Premed Students Any UK members??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Anyone from the UK? Please make yourselves known to me, I have loads of questions!!

Sethina
    Founder MomMD 😀
    P.S. I am British!

ranyeranye
    Participant

hi sethina, i am from england though i didn,t do any grad work there so i won’t be able to answer any of your questions . actually my family moved to africa when i was 10 but they since moved back and all my siblings and parents live in london. sorry i won’t be able to answer any of your questions but i do have a question for you. do you know where i could buy weetabix in the us. so far my faMILY BRINGS ME SOME WHEN THEY COME TO VISIT BUT I’M ABOUT TO RUN OUT AND NO ONE ELSE IS COMING THIS YEAR

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

How funny!! Weetabix? Here in LA I’m lucky that I can get it at the local supermarket. Can’t you there? Sometimes its in the health food sections. Trader Joes sells it for cheap, Wholefoods and many organic shops. If not try http://www.goodwoods.com I think that’s the right address, they sell British goods. Good luck!

Sethina

LIV2BLIV2B
    Participant

I am also from England although I moved to the US 11 years ago when I was 13. I went through high school and undergrad here–so I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to help either. Are you about to apply to medical schools? If you are I could probably give you some advice!!! I will be starting as a medical student at the end of this month. I also got my US citizenship in 2001 (if you have any questions about that also).

Oh, Weetabix–my mum eats weetabix and gets it from Safeway or Trader Joes, but I am from CA –I’m not sure whether you have those particular grocery stores in NJ.

ElisabethElisabeth
    Participant

Well I’m not British, not at all, but I am applying to two English med-schools. I just returned from London last week; I spent the summer there doing a comparative studies program in Medical Ethics and History of Healthcare in the UK. As a member of AMSA and independently I am a big proponent of universal healthcare, and time in the UK only strengthened that resolve. Oxford takes international applicants just like US med-schools do, and although it isn’t necessarily feasible to haul my child across the ocean and away from his father, it is a dream of mine to return to Great Britain in an academic context. I just had the summer of my life, I loved all my GP’s, and I loved the way medicine was practised there. I could completely see myself training and even practising abroad, but as I am most fluent in English the UK is definitely my first overseas option!

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Elizabeth,

Are you doing your UCAS forms now? Which schools are you applying and can we share personal statements? GREAT STUFF!

Sethina

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.