any young moms out there?

Home Forums Family & Parenting any young moms out there?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    twinkletwinkle
    Participant

while i was looking at the girls/mom’s night out post, i was thinking that i do not have any friends that are moms. while there are definitely student moms at my university, most are much older than i am. i am 22 with two kids. there are some younger moms, but i have not met any with a similar life focus as mine. while that does not necessarily preclude friendship, i just haven’t “clicked” with anyone. i have led a somewhat isolated life since having kids (i have so much to do!) and find that the friends that i still keep in contact with (from prebaby days who are “normal” college students)are a little bit hard to relate to (and esp vice versa). it is rather frustrating and a little lonely. i’m just curious if anyone is going through or has had a similar situation..

thanks!

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Hi Trish 🙂

I guess you can consider me a young mom. I’m 24 and I have a 5 year old daughter. I definitely understand how you feel in terms of feeling a bit isolated, when you’re the only one with so many obligations to fullfill, and your friends are still living the “high life”. I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 18, and that’s generally the age where girls just want to have fun. During that time, it was especially difficult b/c my friends were still very much involved with going out and enjoying life to the fullest. That’s not to say they weren’t there for me, but as you said, it was hard to relate with them. I’m only thankful that now, as we’re getting a little bit older, my friends have settled down quite a bit. One of my best friends actually attends UCLA with me, so it’s alot of fun getting to study for her. I know it’s hard at this point, but try to remain positive about things. One day, you’ll be a doctor, with grown kids, and you’ll have plenty of time to relate with friends. I’ve found that the most important thing that I have done (and the same goes for my friends) is that no matter how tough it got, I never lost touch with them. I’m thankful for that now, as I’m newly single, and they mean a great deal to me….

I wish you all the luck, and remember that you can always count on us here, to support you fully. Take care… 🙂

Annie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.