April MCAT

Home Forums Premed Students April MCAT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    efex101efex101
    Participant

Hello ladies :wave: just trying to figure out whom of us is taking the April MCAT. I will start a list with myself, and then just copy and paste to your reply adding your name at the end of the list if you do not mind sharing. Here it goes:

efex101 ๐Ÿ™‚

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

I’m taking the April MCAT, too! :hyper: Matter of fact, my prep course starts today. I’ll let you guys know how it goes!

Theresa

efex101efex101
    Participant

Mine started today too! TPR. We took our firt diagnostic today. I am pleased to say that I survived and it was looong but not too bad. I have no idea what my scores are but I am not expecting a huge score, we will see…

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

oh that diagnostic testing was not fun! I feel like I did well on the Verbal section (one doesn’t forget how to read!)but horribly on the physical sciences. Oh yeah, I took physics 7 years ago! :boggled: Guess I know where I’ll be focusing my studies!
    Theresa

efex101efex101
    Participant

Last night I received my diagnostic scores from TPR. I was shooting for anything above 20 and received a combined score of 21 (6 6 9), I felt that their verbal passages are much longer than the aamc ones and that is not conducive to learning true mcat style verbal. I purchased the EK 101 verbal (10 full length verbals) a la 2003 mcat format (60 questions) and got an 8 on my first practice verbal. So, if you feel that you bombed the Kaplan, TPR verbal, go and compare passage length with the AAMC exams (the new released ones 4R, 5R, 6R) and see how many words are in your passages. I would highly encourage anyone to purchase the EK 101 verbal it is to the T like the real deal up to the font! Anyone else willing to share diag scores?

RayRay
    Participant

Hi guys!

Wasn’t lucky enough to get in on a class review. However, I am studying from the Kaplan Review book as well is ExamKrackers Audio Osmosis CDs. They are really good. I think I’ll be ready by April. I need to start on my application (or at the least my personal statement). I think that Physics will be my thorn, but I’m putting extra effort into it. I will look into getting the verbal review book.

I’m waiting for my husband to hear where he will be stationed next(military-Air Force), so I’m not even sure what school I’ll be applying to! :crossfingers: Anyway, I’ll keep chugging along. If I have to follow the movement of one more electron I think I’ll go cooky. Take care and happy studying!

Ray

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Hi! I’m pleased to say that my diag scores came back much higher than I expected! If those had been my MCAT scores, I would be satisfied! It’s given me a great deal of faith that I can, indeed, do this and I’m ready to tackle the studying now.
    Theresa

chez_lorinachez_lorina
    Participant

Hello. I am taking the April MCAT too. I took the one last August but I didn’t like my score. I intended to be in a Princeton right now, but something came up ๐Ÿ˜ก :crossfingers: :confused: ๐Ÿ™ :scratchchin:

Irene AdlerIrene Adler
    Participant

hi efex101

I’m taking the MCAT in April. I’m in the beginnings of a Kaplan review course, and disappointed because I’m a better teacher than the instructors (I’m a middle school science teacher). I may go work for them after I get my scores back and make some money.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

I hear you, Irene! We have 3 different instructors for our Kaplan class. 2 are great and one is this dipsy girl who can’t teach. I kept wanting to interrupt her and take over! :laughing: I’ve taught school as well. You don’t have to be a teacher to do this, but you do need to be able to teach!

Maybe I’m just too old! :p

Theresa

JCDJCD
    Participant

Hi girls! I am one year behind you guys (MCAT next april) but I just wanted to wish you all good luck. You efforts are finally coming to fruition. :grouphug:

JesuJesu
    Participant

Hi! I am from Chile… but Iยดm going to USA to study medicine… can someone help me with tips about the MCAT

efex101efex101
    Participant

How is it going ladies? we have two more weeks left OMG until mcat day! So far I have taken 5 tpr exams and 3 aamc ones, will be taking my last 3 aamc exams this coming week. I have to throw in a plug for EK verbal 101 passages it is 11 verbal exams 2003 style with 60 questions. It is truly an awesome prep book and you do see your scores go up as you do more verbal exams, I really believe that verbal is about practice for I am living proof of that. Of course for all you verbal goddesses this does not apply he he. I am also in a tpr course adn really enjoying it. Their exams are quite challenging but again as long as you improve you are doing well although is very difficult to break 30 for that matter to even get a 30 on tpr exams, so then when you take the mcat you should score a couple of points higher than on your tpr ones. Is anyone postponing until august? okay enough rambling…

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฎ Two weeks! I’ve been looking forward to the end of April all semester, but now it seems awfully close for comfort!

Efex, glad to hear the prep is going well. Mine has gone well, although I’m having trouble budging my score at this point. I may have learned all I will before this test. I do hope what they say about your actual score being 2 pts higher than the prep tests is true… Not counting on it, though.

Good luck everyone!!!
    Theresa

RiversDisguiseRiversDisguise
    Participant

I was in your shoes 2 years ago and am SO GLAD that’s over … Good luck, everyone. 5:30 pm Saturday is going to feel so good! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.