best medical TV show??

Home Forums General Discussion best medical TV show??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Sethina1Sethina1
    Participant

What’s your favorite ever medical TV show? :ouch:

Do you chuckle at Scrubs? Wish that Clooney was still on ER? Were you addicted to Houston Medical, or what about those ones on TLC?

There are so many to keep track of at the moment. Which ones do you think are most realistic?

Sethina

glennvallyglennvally
    Participant

Oh Boy Sethina,

I used to be a medical show junkie! With 200 channels, I could always find something to catch my interest :rotfl: Val

UCLABruinUCLABruin
    Participant

I like ER… I usually only watch reruns of it, though. Houston Medical, at the time that it aired, was my favorite show! 😀 Discovery Health Channel has some good medical shows, too.

elisemomof3elisemomof3
    Participant

:wave:
    I STILL like Houston Medical, it has continued on Discovery Health Channel on Sunday evenings (or is Monday? I forget). More on the continuing saga of the resident with cancer (I forget what her name is).

I agree about the shows keeping one from studying 😮 . At one point I had to say to myself…You can WATCH SHOWS about being a doc, or you can BECOME a doc, one or the other! :scratchchin:

Yours,
    Elise 😀

P.S. Wooooohooooo! New smilies!!!!

eeh2004eeh2004
    Participant

“Scrubs”! Without a doubt! My friends and I are now in our clinical rotations and it’s more relevant. We call each other during the show after particularly lively moments. And not only is it humorous, but really has a heart underneath it all. As for “ER”, only the reruns on cable. And with baby on the way, I’m finding myself addicted to “Maternity Ward” and “Birth Day.” I know that I should really stop watching both before they freak me out. :boggled:

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

ER and strong medicine! i find that the ethical issues help me to prepare for my interviews!

bzmom4bzmom4
    Participant

ER, Presidio Med & Scrubs :rotfl:

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Hands down, ER! I loved that show, but I’ll always miss all the older characters dearly (Dr. Ross, Dr. Green, etc…)

Maternity Ward on TLC is really an eye opener. Since I want to become an obstetrician, this show really depicts what it’s truly like to be that kind of a physician.

~Annie

EemaMDEemaMD
    Participant

I am totally hooked on “Scrubs” – the premiere episode had me laughing so hard I was almost crying. Though, of course, there are parts of the show that are wrong, it doesn’t seem to matter.

I especially loved the “Gyno Girls” in the episode a few weeks ago, with their Omega Beta Gamma sorority – pearls under their lab coats. :rotfl:

I used to watch ER every week while I was a premed and in the beginning of med school. I’m not sure why I don’t anymore. Maybe cuz I see that kind of stuff every day now, maybe because so much of the cast has left… I don’t know.

Linda

glennvallyglennvally
    Participant

Right on, Linda! I loved the “Gyno Girls” too…What a great show.

Val

LadyLuckLadyLuck
    Participant

I loved Houston Medical, and I cried when I read in the paper a few months ago that Marne Rose, the pediatric resident with the brain tumor had died. I was really rootin for her, and she seemed so strong. God rest her soul.

sassysassy
    Participant

Scrubs, Scrubs, Scrubs!!! Oh, and of course ER. But I have never heard of Houston Medicine. Who stars in it and what station is it aired on??

desert scholardesert scholar
    Participant

:twocents: Its gotta be Scrubs! I also like Prosidio med.

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

‘Scrubs’ is my current favorite. ‘ER’ is just too much for me most of the time.

But I have to say that my two favorite medical TV shows are M*A*S*H* and St. Elsewhere.

I know – they’re pretty old. But the depth, the emotion, the laughs – all there.

– Tae

lorilori
    Participant

I love ER (think it is so much better now than ever, even with the cast change) but I have to say that I cannot get enough of Trauma: Life in the ER (TLC) and Woman Docs (Lifetime). They are my favorite shows! I guess I like the fact that they are real shows with real people. Never did watch Scrubs. Saw about 3 minutes of one episode and it didn’t tickle my fancy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.