Celine Dion–one amazing mom!

Home Forums Family & Parenting Celine Dion–one amazing mom!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AnnaMAnnaM
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/s267/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

I finally got around to watching a 1-hour special that I recorded on the Dish box last November (I tend to record lots of stuff and never get around to watching it). It’s called “3 Boys and a New Show”. The cameras follow Celine as she puts together her most recent Las Vegas show. She is one amazing mom! She had IVF twins a little less than 5 months before the show opened, and even at age 5 months, she was still breast-feeding them both and pumping milk for them. She was fitting back into slinky costumes 3 months after they were born (with some funny scenes involving how to work around breasts that change sizes within a matter of hours).
    We saw her live in December, 2008 in Chicago, a birthday present for Baby Daughter’s 20th b-day. The show was scheduled at the United Center and we had a wicked snowstorm that started that afternoon. We headed out early, allowing plenty of time, but the Kennedy was essentially gridlocked, so we had to take surface streets from Elgin into the city. What is normally a 1.5-hour drive took us 5 hours, and we thought we missed the whole show, but when we arrived, they told us Celine had just started her first song! She waited for the audience to arrive and did her full performance! She is awesome onstage!
    I appreciate her devotion to her family, having been married 17 years to the same guy (who is 26 years older than she is), and how she makes time for her kids, even during world tours and killer rehearsal schedules. She’s almost 44 years old but still looks sensational in whatever the costume folks put on her.
    Yes, I’m sure that she has nannies that help with the kids, but it looks like she really puts her husband and kids first as much as possible, and it shows. At least on camera, she and her husband are like young newlyweds, and her older boy Rene Charles is such a sweetheart.
    I just can’t imagine doing all the things she does while nursing twins! I was just exhausted all the time when I was nursing only one!

southernmdsouthernmd
    Participant

Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/s267/html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4777

Some friends and I (all girls) went to her concert a couple of years ago, and it was truly amazing. We had the best time! The entire audience was groups of girlfriends + gay men. Seriously. It was the best audience ever, and she was fantastic! You could tell she was singing live the entire time too unlike so many “pop” artists these days. I would pay big bucks to see her again. So glad to hear about her with the twins. I do remember reading she breastfed those babies, but amazed to hear how she continued plus kept her family together on the road. I do remember her talking about her family at that concert I went to also. Seems I remember her talking about her mom joining her for part of her tour also. She was so personable. One of my favorites.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.