child in the middle of second year?

Home Forums Family & Parenting child in the middle of second year?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

this is getting so specific but did anyone have a child in the christmas of second year? i was thinking about doing this. i don’t know second year is very difficult but then the first trimestr would be over the summer. i have no problem skipping classes so i was thinking that i could be home a lot with the baby.
    has anyone done this?

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Any input for rockfever? 🙂

HeatherHeather
    Participant

Rockfever,
    I am a 3rd year FP resident currently, I had my second son Dec 16 of my 2nd year of med school. I think it was the perfect time. Like you said, by the time you are doing clinicals, your little one is not SOOOO little. I was lucky to have a very good situation, most of my 3rd year was done at a rural site, we lived right next to the hospital, so I was able to continue breastfeeding my 3rd year. That 2nd semester of 2nd year was kind of a blur, and I was definetely not top of my class, but P=MD. I was able to skip a few classes here and there and got notes from friends. :rolleyes: I think it was a great time to have a baby.
    Heather

DonnaDonna
    Participant

am also thinking of middle of 2nd year to have a child. what do you plan to do about daycare, rockfever? just curious and interested to hear what other people’s situations are. my husband works and we have few relatives nearby.

shauna ,MS,MomMD2Bshauna,MS,MomMD2B
    Participant

I too would like to have a child in the second year, God willing.

Hi Donna, :wave: have you checked out the daycare at our school? I have. It’s expensive, but is supposed to be great.

Shauna

mainemommainemom
    Participant

I actually just had a beatiful baby girl in my second year during Christmas break. It’s been an adjustment getting back to the books after not much sleep as this is our first child. With help from my husband, I have been able to get to the classes I need to and keep pace. It’s a lot of work but well worth it. It worked out great for us. Now we’re just trying to figure out the daycare. My husband’s so great with her, I’d love to have him home with her, but we wouldn’t have anything to live on. We have a daycare lined up if we can’t get it to work out. Feel free to e-mail me if you have specific questions!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.