Choosing residency – It’s drivin’ me nuts!

Home Forums Medical Students Choosing residency – It’s drivin’ me nuts!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    perleperle
    Participant

Hi folks,
    I’m an MS4 trying to decide what kind of doc to be. I fell in love with OB, surgery, family medicine and internal medicine. I have narrowed things down to internal vs family. It seems to me that the training is more in-depth for internists, but you lose the breadth of patient population and procedures. I worry about not getting enough medicine, peds, or ob training in family medicine. There seems to be a mentality in some hospitals that family docs are sub par. However, I have met some absolutely fantastic family med docs (who seem to be walking text books, and are great w/ patients to boot). Could some family docs and internists (or anyone else) give some input on how you feel about the adequacy of your training, and your practice/residency experience. I really appreciate it as it’s getting a little late in the year for this angst and indecision.
    y. 😮

EemaMDEemaMD
    Participant

First of all Perle… we are classmates! OMG!

Second, I am facing a similar dilemma – trying to decide between OB and peds.

As you know, OB at our school can be, uh, not necessarily the best experience, and the surgery department is great. Medicine is also very good (go Dr. Roy!) and so is the family medicine depts. Where did you do your rotations? (I was in JC for family and Holston Valley for medicine).

E-mail me offline… I’ll buy ya a drink at the Otter or some coffee at BAM and we can talk! 🙂

Linda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.