Class load advice please!

Home Forums Premed Students Class load advice please!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bekagainbekagain
    Participant

Okay, here is the deal. I have 18 credit right now – Gen Bio I and II, Spanish I, College ALgebra, and Anatomy. I am trying to decide if I should drop Gen Bio I. I have never taken so many math/science classes at once and want to prove that I can do it to the med schools. Last semester I withdrew out of Physics I and Organic Chem I after about a month which is going to look awful, I know. So, I feel like now I have to make up for it by taking all these credits. But at the same time, I don’t want to overwhelm myself and not to as well as I could.

So, any thoughts on whether I should drop the class or not? It would take me down to 14 credits, and I could probably get Gen BIo II during the summer so I could take upper level classes next year. Will it look bad to only have 14 credits?

Bekah

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

:rolleyes: oops, meant to drop Bio II, not I.

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Im assuming that you have “W”s in those previous two you dropped…..given that, and if you are having serious doubts…..drop NOW while it wont show up on your record. The course load left over should be sufficient. I have been told that the quality of course work says more than the quantity….so be sure you can do well….I think you’d be better off doing fantastic with 14 credit ours than taking 18 and not doing as fantastic. Just my opinion….

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

Thanks for the input – I did drop the class and think it will be for the best. This probably isn’t the smartest semester to try to prove that I am wonder woman! :rotfl:

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

Good choice. You’re better of with a slightly lighter load and better grades.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.