Does anyone know about linkage programs for medical school. Are they a good idea?

Home Forums Premed Students Does anyone know about linkage programs for medical school. Are they a good idea?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    zetanurseezetanursee
    Participant

The school that I currently attend has a likage progam to approximately 8 schools. This program erases the lag year before starting med school as a result you do not have to wait a year for your acceptance after taking the mcats. The problem with this is that you receive an acceptance if accepted before you are allowed to apply to other schools. As a result you limit yourself. If accepted into a linkage school you must attend. Therefore you unaware of what perks other schools may be offering. My question is does anyone know if this is a good idea of am I crazy for even thinking about it?

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

It sounds to me, in a sense, like being an early decision program, where you hold off on applying to other meds schools, to get into your undoubtedly first choice. I would do this, provided I knew I had a great chance of getting in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.