ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD

Home Forums Women Physicians ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    maggie52maggie52
    Participant

LAdies- LIke it or hate it??? Ever tried it?
    We are the new pilot program for the EMR in our locale…I am the guinea pig in two weeks…

rugratdocrugratdoc
    Participant

I love it!

dr . suzdr. suz
    Participant

The VA has a great electronic medical record system – everything, including NOTES, are typed in and available in clinic, on wards. It’s an ideal system. I’m still a resident but as soon as I get out, I can’t imagine setting up a practice without. The problem of course, is HIPPA (which I think actually requires the implementation of a national EMR over the next xx years.

maggie52maggie52
    Participant

what about dragging a laptop into the clinic room with you and typing in front of them?

FPmomof3inSCFPmomof3inSC
    Participant

We just went on Logician 3 weeks ago and have laptops in every room on a rolling cart so we don’t have to put our backs to the patient; I type most of the HPI in front of the patient; click all over the place to update meds, problems, etc. Finish up on a laptop outside the room at my workstation. If I didn’t type some in the room; then I’d never get done. Still, I think it takes away some of the personal touch as I interact with them with a computer between us. I don’t know what the best answer is. Not too keen on logician (see my post in the other EMR topic).

momof3momof3
    Participant

We are using Mysis, which is the EMR that correlates to our Medic billing system. Making the templates is tedious but it does save hugely on transcription costs. I take the laptop into the room and, when we were first starting out, would show the patient how the laptop works and how it allowed me to be more thorough, an advantage for their healthcare. As I get better with the laptop, my eye contact has improved and I haven’t had a patient complain about it at all. Our transcriptions go out to referring doctors much faster, which is also good for patient care. The learning curve can be steep and a little painful but it is a great tool! :yes:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.