Fear of getting sued

Home Forums General Discussion Fear of getting sued

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SonaSona
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have been having this constant fear of getting sued. I wonder if anyone else feels the same and how you deal with it. I started my career a few months ago. I do outpatient primary care. I try to do things right but we are human and we still make mistakes here and there. I feel like the fear is affecting my personal life. I feel stressed when I get home, worrying that something could go wrong. Thank you in advance for any advice.

sahmdsahmd
    Participant

I think everybody is worried about that. And it is a valid worry because on the one hand, it is human to make mistakes. With all the recent studies on human error, everybody is very aware of how common mistakes are. On the other hand, it is financially lucrative for patients and lawyers to sue, and mistakes are punished in the courtroom.

I think I deal with it by avoiding high-risk activities and patients, and by trying to bond with my patients, too. I also try not to think about it too much. Hopefully with time and experience you will start feeling less worried about it.

ToniFosterToniFoster
    Participant

With time everything is healed. Your fear of getting sued will also vanish with time. Lawyers sue for major mistake. My friend also faced the same situation. The lawyer does not only work on cases but also provides counseling. One may also consult about this to them to know th actual laws. The lawyers right here can be your guardian, agent and legal advisor as well.

thomasbuckleythomasbuckley
    Participant

You should be getting professional supervision on a regular schedule. Are you, and have you raised this question in that context? I don’t mean to diminish the difficulty of your situation. I’ve known other people who work with troubled kids, and they also spoke about these and related concerns. But this background would be helpful.

Good luck with your situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.