Female physician figurine ?!?

Home Forums General Discussion Female physician figurine ?!?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KrystalKrystal
    Participant

Check out this link:

http://www.tcstore.com/l05197.html

Does this look like any doctor you know?

I’ve been looking for little things to decorate my *new* office with as I start my practice, and was pretty offended by this idea of what a female physician looks like.

The rest of what I’ve been able to find is the traditional male model.

What do you think about MomMD providing such merchandise for its members? I’m sure there are artists, sculptors, etc., out there that could give us the images we want to see…

FrauFrau
    Participant

Looks like a waaay outdated, and redone “nurse” figurine to me.

I think it would be great for women like us to ask for our “own” symbols and such. I know my daughter was thrilled when her elementary school basketball team “finally” started receiving participation trophies that had breasts on the player at the top. Before that, even the girls’ team got “boy” trophies. :boggled:

elisemomof3elisemomof3
    Participant

OMG I clicked on your link. Looks like a demure hottie to me, reading a thermometer? :tired: :hyper:

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Sexism for a mere $275, what a deal! :rotfl: Hope no misguided family members try buying that one for me! :laughing:
    Theresa

efex101efex101
    Participant

I love Lladro but dang, now keep in mind that Lladro is made and the company is from Spain where medicine is still highly male dominated. So their views are somewhat skewed…he he

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

EEEEKKK!! I like her little pinkie so delicately pointing. We did have a MomMD t-shirt (drawn by Mary Bois-Byrne) that was wonderful. We could make that into something. Anyone know of any sculptors?

Sethina

UCLABruinUCLABruin
    Participant

Ugh… that’s terrible! 😮

NY_MD2BNY_MD2B
    Participant

definitely a shocker :boggled: It’d be nice if women could come together and design these themselves :scratchchin:

LinLin
    Participant

Shame on Lladro
    would be interesting to see just how much demand there are for these figurines…it does look just like the caricatured sexist and racist nurse stuff that I have been getting in catalogues for years
    I give it a BIG :no:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.