Finally introducing myself

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Finally introducing myself

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    YearstogoYearstogo
    Participant

I’m a thirty year-old mother of two young children working towards an MD/PhD in the Boston area. I’m at the beginning of my seventh out of (hopefully, if my committee cooperates) nine years. Then, residency.

I chose to stay in Boston to stay with my then boyfriend. First year, we got engaged. We got married the fall of first year of my research, had my daughter spring of my second research year, and had my son fall of my fourth research year, whew. If only I could put my children on my CV, I’d be all set!

I don’t know what I’ll do after, but pathology is looking really appealing. Research is … not. My schedule is so flexible right now that I’m really dreading being apart from my kids so much when I go back to MS3, but we’ll get through. Anyone in the Boston area?

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Can’t believe we forgot to say WELCOME!! Happy to see you!

Sethina

DreyDrey
    Participant

I’m in Boston! I’m a senior undergraduate here at Boston University. We should do lunch sometime. 🙂 I’m just a lowly premed at the moment, but I’ve got interviews at U Michigan, U Cincinnatti and Ohio State, so hopefully I won’t be a lowly premed any longer.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

:blush: Don’t know how I missed you on this forum, sorry!

Welcome! I know we have some members in Pathology or interested in Path. I bet they’d love to chat with you!

Are you starting your clinical years soon or did you complete the MD years before the research years?

Theresa

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

Welcome :wave:

So glad to meet you. 😀 😀

Michelle

StartingOverStartingOver
    Participant

Welcome to MomMD!

Love,
    Stacy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.