finding an OB for doc moms

Home Forums General Discussion finding an OB for doc moms

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Karen WKaren W
    Participant

I’m in the main-line Philly suburbs and new to the area and wondering how to find a good OB/GYN (not pregnant yet, thinking about going for child #2 though). In Boston where I trained it was easy, lots of good recommendations from friends and first hand experience. If you are in this area and are or know of an OB who is good with doc moms let me know.
    How have others found an good OB when moving to a new area? It seems silly to just pick from the med ins list, but I don’t know many other docs in this area yet.

maggie52maggie52
    Participant

Great question: I looked into it when I moved to this new area…found a female FP Harvard grad ( not that this was a deciding factor) who would NOT be in my own call group ( so there would be no conflcit of interest)….and she had a picture on the internet site for the hospital with a list of interests, hobbies and a bio.

sisriversisriver
    Participant

I became pregnant (7yrs ago) shortly after moving here to my area for my first job. I called the OB floor of a local hospital and polled the nurses – it worked for me, as I’ve stuck with her for all 3 of mine!

Karen WKaren W
    Participant

Great ideas, I haven’t had much luck at the web route so far, but I love the idea about polling the OB nurses, I’ll do it tomorrow! Keep those ideas coming!

CalebsmommyCalebsmommy
    Participant

Great idea with the ob nurses. I work on ob while I’m in school and any nurse there can tell you everything you’d ever want to know about all the docs there. They know which ones are jerks, lazy, incompetent, have a high mistake rate, as well as which ones are absolutely excellent. Remember, they see the doctors when they don’t have on their “patient face.” That’s how I got in touch with my gyn, and he is absolutely wonderful! 🙂

mommidalamommidala
    Participant

I have found doctors by asking nurses, and also by asking residents. Be careful to ask more than one person, because you could get the one who is having an illicit relationship with a doc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.