first day of lab and I’m an idiot!

Home Forums Premed Students first day of lab and I’m an idiot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    asunshineasunshine
    Participant

So I got switched to night shift starting this week and I have lab at 0800, which is RIGHT after I get off of work. So I got into lab about 5 mins late today, and after the big session, we broke out into our lab groups. Last semester the advanced class was in one room and we were in the other….but I didn’t realize this semester there’s two sections of the same class! So I was in the wrong lab section the whole morning! Once I finally got to the right lab, the TA totally b*tched me out! :banghead:

So here I am, haven’t slept or eaten for 10 hours, with this TA telling me I’m an idiot because I can’t figure out what lab section I’m in. Good grief, he should be happy I didn’t pass out! 😡

That was really long and confusing, but now I really have to prove myself! I think once I told him I was a nurse and was at work all night he eased up a little bit. I wish I could have turned back the clock and started this day again.

amy

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

Oh, Amy, I’m so sorry your lab started out so badly. I don’t know about you, but I always have a hard time starting lab as it is. Then to be sleep deprived and get yelled at…how awful for you. I’m glad that it sounds like the TA lightened up when you explained. Hope your semester gets better fast. Know that I really respect you for going into a lab after working all night. I have a hard time with labs as it is, so I’m really impressed that you did it after that! So, keep that in mind not the stupid TA. 😉

Bekah

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Yeah Amy, that is really Brave. You must have A LOT of stamina. Forget the TA! Show em what you are made of!

Bekagain, I HATE Lab! Even after writing my pre-labs, I still dont flow through the labs. Ickkkk.

bltblt
    Participant

It’s okay…I have a class that is 2:30-4:30 on Mondays and 1:30-3:30 on Fridays. I remembered that the Friday session starts an hour earlier than Monday’s session…but I thought that Monday’s session started at 3:30. So, I arrived on Friday at 2:30 and felt stupid. I waited until the prof took a break to walk in the room, but he didn’t take a break until 3:00. Therefore, I only was in the class for 30 minutes. Doh! :banghead:

shauna ,MS,MomMD2Bshauna,MS,MomMD2B
    Participant

Don’t feel bad Amy (and brnwyn),

I once set the chem lab on fire! :laughing:

We all do foolish things at times, but years down the line, we won’t care AT ALL! In fact, we’ll get a good laugh out of it!
    So we might as well start laughing now! 😉

Shauna

bltblt
    Participant

Thanks, Shauna. How’d you manage to set the chem lab on fire?

asunshineasunshine
    Participant

I love all these responses! I’m glad I’m not the only idiot out there! And I am curious as to how the chem lab was set on fire….intriguing…
    amy

drsoondrsoon
    Participant

Amy, you’re completely cool- it’s the TA who seems to be having trouble realizing that life doesn’t run perfectly for everyone all the time.
    Now that he/she knows you’re not just being flakey, but are working hard to come to school, he’ll lighten up, I’m sure!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.