For all premeds and med students…

Home Forums Premed Students For all premeds and med students…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

What is or was or do you anticipate your undergrad debt to be that you have to pay back?

I want to compare my circumstances and debt with others. Please help by answering, I greatly would appreciate it.

===Dana

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

Hey Dana,

I think it will be cheaper because of the 2 years at JC and hopefully 2 at UCR. My dh loans are 25,000 with interest :boggled:

Talk with you later
    Michelle

dstn2bmddstn2bmd
    Participant

I receive governmental grants and students loans (subsidized and unsubsidized). So total loans I have to pay back for undergrad is approx. $30,000. I am currently trying to get scholarships and grants for med school but if I have to go strictly Stafford loans my total debt will be (only tuition and books-no living expenses) $130,000. I plan on having all debt paid off including my car by July (thank God!!)For a whopping total of $160,000. I plan on paying these back during residency while we continue to live off of my husbands limited income. So the goal is to have them paid back within six years post med school graduation (depends if I do a fellowship or not). Plans always look good on paper…hopefully this will pan out.

Heb

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Yeah hopefully it will all work out for you. I am already roughly around/probably a bit more than 25,000. I still have 2.5 years to go. If I could get grants and just take out loans that dont accrue interest my decision (refering to my other topic) would mostly point toward just being a fulltime student and mom, and maybe working every once in a while for extra cash. But I live in fear, the way I grew up, what you had this week is not guaranteeing you would have the same the next. Always safeguard yourself to be able to survive…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.