Getting worried about interviews

Home Forums Premed Students Getting worried about interviews

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DianeDiane
    Participant

Hi,

I’m in the middle of the “wait for interview invites” part of the application process. I’m getting very concerned because I have strong stats (MCAT 36 GPA 3.9, lots of extracurriculars, etc.), I applied early (primary submitted on June 3rd, secondaries as soon as possible within the first day to week of receipt depending), but have only received two invites so far. People who I’ve had look at my primary and secondaries have all thought they were very strong. I applied to 17 schools, received two rejections without interview, and have already attended one of the interviews on September 16th. Everyone else at that interview had received many other invites whereas I had only one other one on the table. It’s already the end of September and I have not received any new invites since late August. Should I be concerned about this delay? I’m currently pregnant, due at the end of January. As of the end of December I won’t be allowed to travel far – and perhaps earlier because my OB believes I may have placenta previa (waiting for a follow-up scan to be sure). I’m just getting so nervous that if I don’t get invitations soon, I won’t even be able to go to an interview if I wanted to. Any advice or insight would be very much appreciated.

southernmdsouthernmd
    Participant

You have really good stats – is one of your two interviews your state school? Can you apply to more safety schools at this point or is it too late? Can you talk to a trusted advisor about the particulars on your app? I don’t hear any red flags, but being 25 weeks pregnant myself, I certainly understand your situation although I’m a resident myself now. What is your section score spread? Are you uneven?

DianeDiane
    Participant

Neither of the interviews are state schools (although at this point I don’t know what a state school would even be! I’m from NJ originally, 4 years living in NY at college, and now live in PA). I’ve applied already to a wide range of schools, most that are “safe” and some that are “reach”. My section score spread was PS 11 VS 11 BS 14 – maybe slightly uneven but not incredibly so. My app has been seen by a lot of advisors and nobody else has seen anything wrong either. It just seems strange to me that I haven’t heard back from more schools yet – my advisors all thought I would be hearing back from end of August through September about interviews, but I just haven’t gotten anything else! I really want to stay in the Philadelphia area but none of these schools have reached out to me.

MCAT -MVPMCAT-MVP
    Participant

There is a list on the MCAT website of common medical school interview questions if you go to the blog at the bottom. There are also free MCAT practice questions on the website.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.