Halloween Costumes…

Home Forums Family & Parenting Halloween Costumes…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

What are your children dressing up as for Halloween? The day is nearing, and I have yet to decide. I’m thinking that this year, since she’ll be trick-or-treating with her little cousin, I’ll dress her up as Tinker Bell. Her cousin will be Peter Pan… I still haven’t made any final final decisions yet. :laughing:

EM momEM mom
    Participant

My one year old daughter was going to be a fairy princess, but when I got the costume home I realized that it was WAY too big, so now she is going to be a giraffe instead! Can’t wait, last year she didn’t even fit into a 3 month old costume so we had to dress her in a sleeper with pumpkins on it!

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

I LOVVVVVVVVVVVE Halloween. Our family went to the pumpkin patch already, and had so much fun. My 7 year old Kelli, is going to be Ariel the Little Mermaid. My 5 year old, Katelyn is going to be Barbie Swan. And my 16 month old, Timothy is going to be a pumpkin.

We are going to make our front porch into a fun entry for the trick or treaters.

My husband usually has to work on Halloween, he is a police officer, but he has it OFF this year. YEAAAAAAAAAAA

Good topic,
    Michelle

LaramisaLaramisa
    Participant

My 7 year old wants to be either a cat, snow white or pocahontas. We have costumes from previous years of carnivals already for the first two – I’d have to make a new costume for the last one though. Usually what we do on halloween is invite her friends over for a party and they play dress up all evening – so they usually don’t stay in one costume. They don’t do much trick or treating where we live, so it’s just kids parties.

CaLiGirL :)CaLiGirL:)
    Participant

Originally posted by shellbell:
    [b] I LOVVVVVVVVVVVE Halloween. Our family went to the pumpkin patch already, and had so much fun. My 7 year old Kelli, is going to be Ariel the Little Mermaid. My 5 year old, Katelyn is going to be Barbie Swan. And my 16 month old, Timothy is going to be a pumpkin.

We are going to make our front porch into a fun entry for the trick or treaters.

My husband usually has to work on Halloween, he is a police officer, but he has it OFF this year. YEAAAAAAAAAAA

Good topic,
    Michelle [/b]

Good to hear your husband will be with you guys this year! So, my daughter and I have gone to the pumpkin patch twice already. The first time, she got the most beautiful, orange, plump, and round pumpkin. My sister helped her carve it and goodness… it’s already dead. So, we went today… fed some petting sheep, went on some rides, and decided to go again next week. That way, we can carve our pumpkin the day before halloween so we have one that’s alive and lookin good on the special day itself. :laughing:

JDMDMomJDMDMom
    Participant

We just came back from a fantastic halloween party. My son was in a tiger suit. And I saw a little Dumbo, a Simba, three Bob (one of them is a girl!), a bumble bee, a princess, and a really scary face.

One thing you might want to consider though is if you are taking your kids to a party, some suit (esp. those animal ones) will make them really sweaty. It turns out we had them in costume for only an hour and then they started to run around in their pajama. 🙂

The other thing is if you take your kids out to play with other kids, you do want to consider the age of kids that he/she plays with. There was a 5-yr old boy came in with a scary face today, and he freaks a toddler out. That poor little boy was screaming all around the house. He thought it’s real… And my son was scared by the clown face, so the hostress had to clean her face…

Anyway, they are going to look wonderful no matter what costume they are in. Kids are great! I LOVE HALLOWEEN! :wave:

LaramisaLaramisa
    Participant

My daughter has been invited to a Harry Potter theme birthday party on halloween night. The birthday girl is going to be Hermione, her father is Hagrid (with Hagrid’s hut in the garden) and my daughter is going as Professor McGonnigal – I’m making the costume right now. The parent’s are invited to come in costume also but I have no idea what to be – my daughter says I should be Professor Sprout or Ms. Gooch (the Quiddich coach).

YearstogoYearstogo
    Participant

My daughter is going as … drumroll … a bunny. Bet you’ve never seen a little kid dressed as a bunny before! She still fits in and loves the costume my sister lent me last year. For my son, I’m making a carrot outfit. I made a very simple bright orange fleece (bonus! he’ll be visible from a mile away, which would be really great if he were walking yet) outfit for him. I’m still trying to figure out exactly how to attach the green sticks with foliage to his head — I’ll probably sew them to a preexisting hat and cover it all with some green cloth. For myself I bought a really cheap witch hat and will wear a black dress, etc., but I just realized the only broom we have is plastic, so I’ll be a modern witch, I guess. I told my husband he can masquerade as “a normal dad.”

Last year, a worker at Joann’s, the fabric and crafts store, told me that Halloween is their biggest holiday.

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

My 4 year old daughter has two costumes this year – sigh. Can you tell she is an only child? 🙂 It is usually fairly cold on Halloween here and we go out to trick-or-treat so I like to have her wear something warm so people can actually see the costume! So, we found a cute lion costume really on sale at a Lands End outlet and she is going as Simba when we trick-or-treat. But she also has a preschool party and had a dress-up dance class, so she also got a Mulan costume. As she is still very into dress up she will use it as long as it fits. Still, much more to do than when I was little!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.