Hello from an Australian Meddie

Home Forums General Discussion Hello from an Australian Meddie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ClaireClaire
    Participant

😀 Hi there everyone!

My name is Claire and I am apparently the newest member here! I’m a first year medical student at Monash University in Melbourne, and I just wanted to say a very big hello to all of you! Like all Australian medical students (we call ourselves ‘meddies’ here)- we start a 5 or 6 year undergraduate course straight after graduating from high school- I’m pretty young by international standards. In fact, I’m turning 19 on Monday, but I’m not the youngest- a couple of students in our first year class of 220 are still waiting to turn 18! So far I’m enjoying the challenging experience of being a medical student far away from home- I’m studying here in melbourne but I actually live in North Queensland, in a sunny tourist town calles Cairns. So far, the greatest challenges have been adjusting to a temperate climate and learning to cope with cadavic dissection (discovering that I am latex sensitive didn’t help very much!).

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to being a part of your community. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Claire

P.S. Am I the only Australian here so far, or do I have company?

ClaireClaire
    Participant

Whoops! Posted to general discussion instead of introductions!

Hmmm, maybe I should copy it into another form and post it in the right place!

:0)

elisemomof3elisemomof3
    Participant

Welcome Meddie from Melbourne! Good luck and thanks for posting. It’ll be fun to hear about medical school in Australia. 😀

Yours,
    Elise

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Welcome! You will find some more Australian med students here – where are you??

Sethina

macca26macca26
    Participant

Same in New Zealand – which will make me pretty old by the time I actually reach Medicine – Im doing a biomedical science degree first – that’ll get me in the door. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.