Hello from Cindy in Dallas (my intro)

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Hello from Cindy in Dallas (my intro)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    csiam0716csiam0716
    Participant

Hey everyone,
    My name is Cindy and I live near Dallas. I am the mother of 4 great kids. They range in age from 14 (almost 15), 12, 5, and 2 1/2. I am currently taking one class at UTD. I had a full course load but had to drop because of some personal problems.
    Sometimes I feel like I am never going to get the prereqs finished, (I already have a BS in English), but then I tell myself that everything happens in its own time!
    I hope to take the MCAT in April 2004 and matriculate in 2005. I will start medical school at the ripe old age of 41.

‘Nuf about me!

Cindy

ChandraChandra
    Participant

Howdy Cindy,
    Glad you could join us. Stay encouraged about your having to drop your load some. At least you are still in the game. I realize now, after returning a year ago to finish my studies at the ripe old age of 34(with still a long way to go) that the main thing is to finish the race, not how fast you run it. Hang in there.
    My best to you.
    Chan

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

Hi, I’m 34 yrs old and going to start med school next year. This has been what I wanted to do – always – but had to be set aside for family. But now I’m nervous and ready to do this 😀

NickiNicki
    Participant

Hi,

For what it’s worth, I think people like us are in growing numbers. I am 34 and also hoping to matriculate in 2005 at the age of 37. I have a couple of years to fill in the gaps of my undergrad years and study for the MCAT.

I haven’t got kids yet and figured it was insane to even keep trying while in this whole process, but apparently it is done, and therefore it is possible. I think the important thing is to plan like crazy, all the while knowing that you can’t plan for every contingency.

Good for you! Follow your dreams.

Nicki

sarah_robertssarah_roberts
    Participant

Hi;

This is great, hearing about others in their 30’s starting out in Medicine. I have wanted to do this all my life, but have never had the courage. I am 32 and will be sitting for the entrance exams this year.

I just wanted to ask whether the age factor has any influence on jobs once you graduate. I think its one thing to get into and finish medical school, but what are the realities when you get out into the work environment.

Although my dream is to be a GP and share a family oriented practice, I still think it is relevant to get the best post internship training available.

Bye for now

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.