HELP!!

Home Forums General Discussion HELP!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

I graduated from a top state school with a computer science degree and now working at a consulting company. But now I’ve thought about my career and life and believe I really want to be a doctor. I will need to take chemistry and biology classes to meet the medical school admission requirement. I’m trying to find some classes for working professional but those classes don’t have lab so won’t meet the admission requirement. What should I do, should I quit my job and be a full time student to take the classes? I’m 25 now. Is it too late for me? I thought about Law degree and MBA but they don’t interest me as much as medical school. Pratically, what’s my best option? Thanks

DO HopefulDO Hopeful
    Participant

I’m not sure what your options are as far as finding night time science classes with labs. Maybe you should do more research on the medical field, read through some of the discussions on this website, to find out if being a doctor is really what you want before you quit your job. I have thought about this a lot, trying to mentally prepare myself for the long road ahead. But I am a 34 y.o. stay-at-home mom and just realized that I want to be a doctor. With a BA in English, I have a lot of sciences to complete before I can take MCAT and apply to med school. That means I’ll be close to 40 before I even start med school. But I’m still going to do it – I truly believe that this is what I was meant to do with my life. It’s definitely not too late for you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.