help I am new here I got a “C” in physics

Home Forums Premed Students help I am new here I got a “C” in physics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    zetanurseezetanursee
    Participant

HELP ME SOMEONE. I JUST FINSIHED MY FIRST SEMESTER BACK TO SCHOOL IN COLUMBIA PRE MED POST BACH PROGRAM AND I GOT A C IN PHYSICS MY UNDERGRAD GPA WAS DECENT BUT NOW I AM AFRAID. I KNOW THAT YOUR POST GRADUATE WORK IS WHAT MED SCHOOLS LOOK AT. I AM CURRENTLY A REGISTERED NURSE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR MED SCHOOL IN 2005. I HAVE ABOUT 1 YEAR AND A HALF LEFT OF CLASSES TO TAKE. WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THAT C? DID I COMPLETELY MESS UP OR IS THERE STILL HOPE

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

What did you get in your other classes? I dont think a C is imminently going to deny you to get into med school. Search for reasons why you to that C, and try to fix it. Study hard and do well on the MCAT—you have a wealth of medical experience already….that is a plus!

zetanurseezetanursee
    Participant

Pre medRN you are a breath fo fresh air. I actually needed that encouragement. Personally i know why i got that C I need to lessen my responsibilities. I was still working about 30 hours in an ICU plus I am a single mom. My health took a turn for the worst also so I was in and out of doctors offices. I am actually back on track now with medications and I think I might start working per diem or agency. I will get that grade up. I got an A- in physics lab and I am awaiting my grade for calculus. Thanks for your help Just wanted to make sure that I did not blow it. I was actually thinking about NP before med school which is the easy way out but I really wanted to become a doctor so I decided to start Pre Med.

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

I thought about the NP thing too, the only thing apeasing to me about it was that it was the easiest way out. I always wanted to become a doctor, and took me awhile to quit settling for what I felt was the next best thing out of lack of confidence.
    I work per diem. I think it is great, the only down side of it for you would be the benefits. Im married, so even when I wasnt per diem, I never took the benefts. Aside from this, my husband’s are much better. Jeez, working 30 hrs going to school part-time and being a single mom? My hat’s off to you! That should be impressive to admission committees. It tells a lot about your motivation, and sincerety to become a doctor.

SuzzyQSuzzyQ
    Participant

Just one C? Don’t sress. I know people who have gotten several and are in residency now and some who are in my first year class. As long as your overall looks good, you will be fine.

zetanurseezetanursee
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I needed that extra motivation. Do you think that I should retake the course or just try to get an A in the second semester physics which I was told is much easier.

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Hmmm, Nope, I would probably just get that *A* in the second portion of physics and concentrate on rocking the MCAT. You can do it!

asunshineasunshine
    Participant

Hi Zeta!
    I’m an ICU RN and I work 32hrs/wk, but I ONLY TOOK ONE CLASS of organic and HAVE NO KIDS (I am planning a wedding, though). You are wonderwoman! Give yourself a break and don’t let anyone push you to get this done FAST. The important thing is that you get good grades and MCAT scores and are physically and mentally prepared for med school. I also heard of other people who did Columbia’s post-bacc program and thought it left something to be desired 😉

Good luck! PM me if you want to chat more! I’m applying for 2005, too!
    amy RN

zetanurseezetanursee
    Participant

LOL
    I am also an ICU nurse planning a wedding for Oct 3 . What a small world.

rdtinardtina
    Participant

I also made a C in physics and I’m planning on taking it again. Just unsure how to do this as I work full time from 8 – 5. Looking into distance learning and so far no luck, but not giving up.
    I would like to get an A in the class and I also feel like I didn’t understand it well enough. I’ve heard that this class is not an uncommon retake for premeds as well as the chemistries. I did fine in the chemistries, A & P and biochemistry, but physics to me is totally different!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.