hi every one

Home Forums Introductions & Connections hi every one

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    keisha_20keisha_20
    Participant

hi i’m jeanette mccallum,i’m a 20 year old jamaican whose dreams is to have a medical career.after graduating high school in 1999 without any subject as i hadn’t the money to do them then i got help from the vice principal of that school and i was able to get three out of four subjects without even going to evening school.i met this wonderful guy and fell in love when i was just eighteen,he wanted me to see my dream and follow it.it was then that i became absolutely sure that medicine was what i wanted to do.i mean i’d watch the news and i’d see those poor children in some desolate communities and my heart would break i’d wish so much that i was there even to comfort them.i’d see on cnn where unicef or some other world organisation was visting some country where aids was killing off kids or they were starving and i knew that this was my destiny sometimes i’d just cry so strong was my urge to help and the only way i could do that was trough medicine.anyway this guy decided to help me furthur my studies so i went back to school to do accounts, maths and biology.around the time of my exams we started having some problems i got stressed,he wanted to break up.then my aunt died i became devastated i couldn’t concentrate in exams i thought i’d fail all .god must have been watching over me as i got a pass in my biology exam.i’ve been doing on and off jobs just to see if i could possibly save up some money to go furthur but i’ve rent and bills to pay so it’s kinda hard.i was so estastic when i found this website because i know there are a lot of women out there who are struggling to be somebody,i’m just glad i don’t have kids to suffer.i just hope i can get some good support and advice from this group as i really need it.sometimes i feel so stressed i think i’d be better off dead i hardly have anyone i can open up to who really understands so i hope i can make good friends here.
    bye for now.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Welcome, Keisha. Sounds like you’ve had a tough path already and could use some good listeners. I know that life can seem awfully difficult, but you are not alone.
    Read the forums and you’ll see that we all have our struggles and ways of dealing with them. You might even learn something that can help you pursue your dreams!
    Best of luck!
    Theresa

SongSong
    Participant

Jeanette-

I feel for your struggle. You are a brave, young woman – and so smart for gathering support resources early on in your pursuit. I wish something like this was available when I was 20. When I was twenty, I knew I wanted to be a doctor – but I had no idea how to go about getting the kind of support I needed….not that I regret my path…I have two beautiful daughters and still have enough energy to do this. But I do know how hard it is to juggle school, work, making rent, and facing the many challenges that come up in life. Wouldn’t it be great to just be able to go to school and not worry about so much of everything else?…that’s what I end up thinking alot of the time…..but then I think to myself….there has to be a reason that this is all so challenging and I’m not going to give up. I hope you feel the same…..and I hope you remember how strong you are!

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Sorry Jeanette, didn’t mean to mess up your name! :rolleyes:
    Theresa

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.