how should i prepare for usmle step 1?

Home Forums Medical Students how should i prepare for usmle step 1?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sadsad
    Participant

hello to all,

actually i am much worried for the preparation of usmle step one.how much percentage should i carry to get residency. i am a foreigner i have been graduated from my country.is someone there so sympathetic to help me and guide me thru?thank u very much.

elisemomof3elisemomof3
    Participant

Hi! I lived overseas for a few years and was best friends with an MD resident who was trying desperately to pass the USMLE in order to come to the united states to be licensed here. She suffered a lot and failed on her first try. Finally, she paid for the Kaplan USMLE course for International medical graduates. She has now passed all steps and has re-commenced residency here.

I would recommend paying for such a USMLE course. It is expensive (especially on the salary you probably earn in your country) but can be such a help. You may also be able to simply purchase the course books from Kaplan instead of attending a class. That would be cheaper.

My heart and prayers are with you and I hope you succeed in achieving your goals.

Yours,
    Elise 😀

mommd2bmommd2b
    Participant

My husband is an IMG…he is german (born and raised) and attended medical school there before immigrating to the US. He took off 4 months between training years to study for the USMLE 1. He purchased the review books and used those…he did very well, and so can you…..take some time off to study and you’ll be fine!

Kris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.