I got in!!!!

Home Forums Premed Students I got in!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    DreyDrey
    Participant

University of Michigan sent me an email this morning welcoming me into their incoming class 2004! :cloud9:

I’ll send some good karma everyone else’s way!

Audrey

shellbellshellbell
    Participant

Oh that is so great. Congrats to you, and good luck. Oh I am so excited for you!!!

Michelle :p :p

efex101efex101
    Participant

Congratulations Drey! woohoo U of Michigan is an awesome school wow! I am interviewing there next week any tips?

ElliottElliott
    Participant

Yay for Drey!!!

That is so awesome – you deserve it Chicka!

:goodvibes:

All the best,

Elliott

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

That is FANTASTIC!!!! :goodvibes:
    How long did you wait for notification?
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—Dana

EM momEM mom
    Participant

Congrats on your fabulous news…U of Michigan is a great school!

BeckieBeckie
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so awesome.

LaramisaLaramisa
    Participant

Congratulations!

DrWuStar *DrWuStar*
    Participant

Hurrayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job Audrey!!! :rotfl: 😀 :rotfl:

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Audrey, Congratulations!!! 😀 It’s so wonderful to have the news so early, too!!! :cloud9:

Theresa

DreyDrey
    Participant

You ladies rock.

efex– There were 3 interviewers, you get 1/2 an hour with each person.(we were being interviewed in patient interviewing rooms complete with examining table and various instruments–funny. I did NOT sit on the examining table. 😉 ) It was pretty laid back, although one woman read specific statements out of my personal statement and asked me to clarify points, so make sure you know what you wrote! :boggled: Also, wear comfortable heels because you walk all over the place during the tour, and bring a jacket, it’s cold there!!! I hope you get in, I’d love to meet you starting med school together!

PremedRN– today was the first day they were allowed to tell people admissions decisions, so I waited about a month before I heard, which I was pretty pleased about.

Soooooo tempted not to go to any more interviews, but I will anyways, just in case.

I did get a PM requesting a short bio– I’m a “traditional student” so I’m sorry if I’m invading the Mommd space here, but I love this site. I’m an engineer (biomedical) but I started out as an international business major and switched into the premed track late freshman year when someone said to me “You know, you really should be a doctor or something”. Oddly enough I hadn’t ever thought of that as a career option, but after thinking about it for a while, I realized it was really perfect for me–I get to work with my head and my hands, in a rewarding job with plenty of variety.
    I also took an EMT course and volunteered in an ER to make sure I really wanted to go the doctor route. The doctors and nurses in my small town ER (home in OH, not here in Boston) were FABULOUS and were always willing to talk to me and drag me into rooms to see “cool stuff”. Now I’ve got an awful case of “senioritis” where med school is close enough to taste and I can’t make myself care about fluid mechanics. ick.

Anyways, thank you so much for all the good wishes!!!

Audrey

drsoondrsoon
    Participant

HOOORAYY FOR DREYYY!!!!
    <>>
    😀

efex101efex101
    Participant

Ladies, I got in. Finally all the hard work, all the exams, all the time spent reading about the whole process, there is the light! I got into Mayo Medical College, Vanderbilt, and the U of KY. I will still go to two more interviews that I have scheduled, U of Penn, and U of Michigan. I am not going to the rest that I was invited…wooohooo I can relax now!

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Efex, CONGRATS. Stop interviewing already!!!!(just kidding)! I am soo excited for you guys and proud. I am GREEN with ENVY. 😀 I have at least 2 more years to go before I will hopefully be able to say the same thing. Its a long road to even get to the interviewing process, let alone get excepted. You guys have come a long way. Have a drink on me!!!!
    –Dana

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Just to repeat what I’ve said on other forums, Way to go, Efex!!! What a truly awesome day for you and Audrey. 😀

Audrey, just ‘cus you’re a “trad” 😉 doesn’t mean you don’t belong here!!! This is a site for Women in Medicine!

Awesome day, ladies.

Theresa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.