If you have already taken the USMLE or just know alot about it

Home Forums MCAT & USMLE If you have already taken the USMLE or just know alot about it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

Did your scores correlate to your MCAT scores? how much did your efforts in the the first 2 years prepare you for the exam?
    alos, is there any place that we can find out the average step 1 and maybe step 2 scores of people entering in various specialties?

EM momEM mom
    Participant

I did a little above average on the MCAT (if I remember correctly…it was a million years ago!) and I did a little above average on the USMLE step 1 (which wasn’t THAT long ago). Course I may have just been at a “little bit above average” point in my life because on Step 2 and Step 3 I was at a “shining star” stage in my life (recently married, totally enthusiastic about everything) and I did excellent on both of these exams. I would not worry too much, correlations are not hard and fast and rules…

MinorkaMinorka
    Participant

i agree. I did modestly well on MCAT.
    I failed my step I the first time around and did alot better on second try. I just got my scores for USMLE 2 and did well on it. My grades in the first 2 years were pretty average though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.