International students?

Home Forums Premed Students International students?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    IsraeliGirlIsraeliGirl
    Participant

Hi there Ladies.
    Let me begin by saying how impressed I am from all of you. I’ve seen some of the bravest and kindest spirits I’ve met since I moved here (to the U.S.) and all over these web pages! 😀
    Your postings give me a lot of courage, and make me realize that I am not all alone.

But sometimes, as an international student, I still feel lost. Are there any other international students among you out there? or do any of you know of any internationals who managed to get into med school?
    I moved here from Israel a year ago, took most of the prerequisites, and if all goes well, I will apply this summer. I am concerned about how the school committees will regard my business bachelor degree, which is from an Israeli University. I am also terrified of the Verbal Reasoning section in the MCAT.

Any input would help…
    And if there are any internationals who just started their way, and need advice or support, I’ve come a long way this year, and I’ll be happy to help.

G.

wannaBmdwannaBmd
    Participant

Well, I’m not an international student, but I just wanted to say Hi :wave:
    I think it is very courageous of you to leave your country to go to school. Wow what a challenge, and I’m sure culture-shock!
    Best wishes,
    Diana

Stella7Stella7
    Participant

Hi IsraeliGirl,

I am international… but I am actually doing my undergrad here at Stanford. I’ve been here for about 3.5 years, had my ups and downs, but it’s been a great experience so far.
    It looks like you’re doing a great job- you’ve accomplished a lot in one year! I am sure your Israeli credentials would be perfectly valid, especially if combined with US prereq courses. In fact, I am working with an Israeli doc in my lab- and he seems to have tons of friends from Israel who made it to US med schools.
    So you’re definitely not alone 🙂
    PM me if you feel like it, I’d love to share my experience with you.

tuscany_bridgestuscany_bridges
    Participant

Hi I am an international student. I movd from Barbados to Louisville, Kentucky. It’s been a challenge but I’m hanging in there. You should too!
    send me an e-mail anytime, just identify urself!

tuscany_bridges@yahoo.com

jelejele
    Participant

Hello! 🙂
    I’m international medical graduate (IMG)… :wave:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.