Intro and query

Home Forums Introductions & Connections Intro and query

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nesannasonnesannason
    Participant

I’m new to the forum. I,like most of you, am a parent and married. I’m about to begin my senior year of undergrad and I’m 30 yrs old. I consider myself to be a very good student. My only real worry is the dreaded MCAT. I would like to take it this April, but I am taking Genetics, Organic Chem I lecture, and Physics in the spring. Biochem awaits in the fall. Am I jumping the gun? Should I wait? Please give me any input helpful. :boggled:

rockfeverrockfever
    Participant

Hi! on one hand, all of the information will be fresh in your mind. unlike me who had to review subjects that i took 10 years prior to the mcat! on the other hand,you may not have even had some of the information that you need for the mcat by the time you take it. this might be a very small amount though and at the very least you’ll be ahead in your classes. are you applying to enter in 2004? if not, i recomend taking the exam in august. take a full courseload while studying for the mcat and with a family seems like quite a bit to do but people have done it.

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

If I read your post correctly, you’re taking OrgI in the Spring. I believe that the MCAT covers both OrgI&II, so you should wait at least until the semester you take OrgII. Don’t jump the gun if you’re not applying next Fall.

See premed forum for other thoughts on the MCAT as well!
    Theresa

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.