Is there any med student or doctor willing to read my secondary essay?

Home Forums General Discussion Is there any med student or doctor willing to read my secondary essay?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lorilori
    Participant

Hi all!
    I have just completed one of my secondary essays. I was wondering if there was anyone already in med school or a doctor that might be able to take a look so I can get their opinion? (preferrably a D.O.) I know that it is sometimes better to have a stranger read it for their input (as to not hurt feelings). This school is really my first choice and I am really hoping to get an interview. I can send it to your private e-mail to have a look. Any help would be GRAEATLY APPRECIATED!THANK YOU SO MUCH!

DO2BDO2B
    Participant

Hi Lori,
    I’d be happy to read your secondary essay(s). I am just starting my first year at MSUCOM….where we had to write 5 (6?) different essays! 😮
    It took me a lot of time and thought, but I think the reason they do it is to really get a feel for the kind of person you are (beyond your scores and recommendations). After almost a full week of orientation, I can say it must help, because we have a great group of students! My brother, who also went osteopathic (MSUCOM) gave me some good feedback when I was writing my essays, so again, I would love to offer my help to you in any way I can.

Sue

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

You have actually given me a great idea! Would anyone like to be on a special MomMD review panel that reads things like personal statements, essays and so on? If you do, email me!

Sethina
    sethina@mommd.com

lorilori
    Participant

Thank you so much Sue. If you can give me your e-mail address I will send you a copy. It is almost in final draft form (excluding grammatical errors which are being checked by a writer friend I know). I would love to send it to you. I work 11pm-7am shifts taking care of a woman with Alzheimer’s. I can e-mail it to you anytime before I go to work. I would like to get this is by Monday. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I will tell you what the essay is about when I e-mail you my copy.
    And Sethina, I am glad I gave you a good idea and I do think it is a wonderful one at that! I can think of nothing better than having an outsider’s opinion on things. You know how friends and family are- encouraging- but not really sure as to what is needed. Premed advisor’s are always so busy that they really don’t have the time. If I get accepted into school, I would love to help anyone out with personal statements, secondaries, etc. It’s a great idea!

spacecadetspacecadet
    Participant

Lori,

I’d be happy to read it for you also. I’m not a med student yet, but I got accepted this year (deferred). I do pretty well with grammar and such – although you wouldn’t know it from my posts – and I can definitely give you opinions on content, organization, etc.

You can PM or email me if you’re interested. I’m not DO though.

Pam

DO2BDO2B
    Participant

Lori,
    sent you a PM with my email address. Looking forward to reading your essay and hopefully being of some help.

Sethina- I also think having a “forum” for essay feedback/help would be great. Go for it!

Sue

DO2BDO2B
    Participant

Lori,
    sent you a PM with my email address. Looking forward to reading your essay and hopefully being of some help.

Sethina- I also think having a “forum” for essay feedback/help would be great. Go for it!

Sue

lorilori
    Participant

Hi Pam!
    I sent you a PM. Please be sure to read it. I also sent one to you, Sue, as well (but you will probably see my e-mail in your box). Thanks to both of you for all of your help! I am SO HAPPY I found this site! What a Godsend.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.