JOB SHADOWING?

Home Forums Premed Students JOB SHADOWING?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashley_dup1Ashley_dup1
    Participant

Hi can someone please explain to me what this job shadowing is… im 17 years old and im going to be appling to university to become an M.D. and i would like to know more about this job shadowing and can i do this? thank you for reading this your help is appreciated :wave:

Future Mom MDFuture Mom MD
    Participant

Hi Ashely,

When we talk about shawdowing, we mean that we follow a doctor, or any other professional around in the medical field to see what it is really like. This is done so you will know beforehand what you are getting yourself into.

I know one girl who after she did her shawdowing decided not to pursue medicine. It is really not like what you see on television.

Sheretta

Ashley_dup1Ashley_dup1
    Participant

Thank you so much sheretta for your help :wave: ! but can i job shadow even thought im only 17? :weeping:

Future Mom MDFuture Mom MD
    Participant

Sure, if you find somone who will let you.

Sheretta

Ashley_dup1Ashley_dup1
    Participant

I think i did but i feel weird about asking can you job shadow in a free clinic wont that be weird for patients? when you walk in and are listening to their personal problems! but thatnks again for your help your so helpful :rotfl:

TexasRoseTexasRose
    Participant

Ashley, you may feel awkward at first, but don’t worry, it gets easier. Just try to be very professional and friendly. I was worried about what the patients would think of me listening to their health problems, but mostly they were curious about MY plans!

It’s very interesting and informative to follow a doc around and I definitely recommend it.

Theresa

Ashley_dup1Ashley_dup1
    Participant

Thank you so much Theresa and Sheretta you have been the biggest help to me I think that I will ask the doctor if I can job shadow him how do I ask him though what should I say ( sorry but I am known to be a big fretter lol) :tired:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.