Just a cute story . . .

Home Forums Family & Parenting Just a cute story . . .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rydysrydys
    Participant

I just made the “mistake” of having a quick shower while my 2 year old was playing nicely in my childproof living room. I came out and called to see what she was doing, and the response was “dolly poopy, needs cream”. I ran out to find that she had climbed up to the shelf above her diaper table and got down the wipes, powder and cream and was putting cream and powder all over the doll–and herself–and the chair . . .! She had this great look on her face, a combination of Uh Oh! and pride in what she was doing!

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Lol Rudys,

That story reminded me of a similar “shower” story that happened to me a few years ago. My oldest was then about 2.5, and in the morning I had a quick shower while our youngest was still in her crib, and 2.5 year old was playing quietly in my bedroom (ensuite bath…). Anyway, when I stepped out of the shower the phone was ringing, so I grabbed a towel and ran into my bedroom to answer it. The male voice on the other side said “Mrs. Mimicat?” “Yes” I said, “Is everything alright in your house???” “Yes…. why?” I said. Then he said this is Chief of Police X, I’m sitting in your driveway, there was a call to 911….”. I part my bedroom curtain and peek out, all the while trying to hold my towel on and not drip too much water on the carpet…. sure enough there was a police car sitting in my driveway with the lights flashing. :rolleyes: :tired:

Edited to say: Moral of the story is NEVER trust a 2 year old to “play quietly” 😉

PremedRNPremedRN
    Participant

Ha, ha. Those stories are cute! I am laughing out loud! Let me tell you gals one:

I have a huge house (I have 6 kids, thus the size) when you are in one side of the house, you cant hear what is going on at the other. My hyperactive almost 2yr old and my 3yr old went upstairs with one of my older step chidren to his room. I thought to myself, “This is awesome, Im going to camp out on the recliner for once and see what is on TV.” I got bored with that, and started surfing the internet. About 10 minutes later, the door bell rang. I have 3 small windows on each side of my front door and could see one of my elder neighbors with his dog on my porch. I opened it saying “Hello, How are you” in my nice neighborly manner and he replies, “Did you know your little guy is in your car crying”? I felt my big smile shrinking quick. I said, “Uh, no!”

I ran out to my car parked in the gravel just in from of my hilly lawn. He had went out the back door (obviously learned how to unlock it) walked across the deck got into my car, locked himself in and didnt know how to unlock it. (But yet could unlock the back door!!!) I got my keys and unlocked it, and started comforting his crying holding him as I paced up my front lawn looking out the corner of my eye at my neigbor going down my lawn with his dog, smiling. I half-smiled at him and said “Thankyou”.

I was SOOO embarrassed! Guess I wasnt nominated mother of the year! My computer is in my bedroom the back door is at the total opposite side of the house. He had mastered the stairs by this age, as they arent a straight 21 stairs, rather, 6 stairs, a landing, and so forth. I never heard him go down the stairs (they are carpeted) or the back door open and close. My bedroom is below the one they all were supposed to be in, all the time I heard kids romping around and laughing, I assumed he was still up there.

I wonder what my neighbor thought about me?

wannaBmdwannaBmd
    Participant

Mimicat,
    Your story reminds me of my own. My kiddos were 3 and 1. They were watching a cartoon while I jumped in the shower. I was just about done with my shower, and I heard the front door open. My first thought was they’re escaping!(my oldest has a history of this) So I throw on a towel as fast as I can run out of my room and came face to face with the garbage man. :yikes: All I can remember is that I turned bright red, and to this day I have no idea what the garbage man wanted…at least he was polite enough to leave quickly!!

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Wow, did the garbage man let himself in, or did the kids open the door for him? That would totally freak me out! 😮

wannaBmdwannaBmd
    Participant

No, my lovely children let him in :boggled: . So we had ANOTHER talk on stranger danger! Also I added a *high-up* lock that they can’t reach…to prevent another problem. And yes, it did freak me out!

bekagainbekagain
    Participant

Well, shower time must be the time that children have conspired to pull antics to give ther mothers grey hair. :tired: Here’s mine…

When my daughter was 2.5, I was in the shower one day and she was watchng TV in my room right outside the door. As I was getting out, I heard a noise from the linen closet right outside of the bathroom in our bedroom. My daughter had played in the bottom of the closet before, so I opened the door to tell her not to play in there with the door closed. I looked down and there was no one there! Then I heard a giggle from above my head and looked up. There above my head, on the top shelf of the closet, was my dear daughter. She had scaled the shelves and was so proud of herself. :rotfl: Glad to hear whe isn’t the only one!!!

SMSM
    Participant

I was on the couch studying while my 2.5 year old son was watching “Beauty and the Beast” and I just slowly started to drift off. About 20 minutes later I open my eyes and see my little fella sitting with a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. I’m thinking, “Ok, atleast he’s not using his fingers” then, I stand up and on the floor in front of the couch are my books, Biology and Calculus, just covered in peanut butter. 😮
    SM

chylothoraxchylothorax
    Participant

Haha, mine is too young to do anything too hysterical yet, but my little sisters were awesome. The youngest was about 4 when we were going to an Orthodox church with a celibate priest. She always carried this Barbie doll around and on this occasion of course Barbie was in her birthday suit, but my sis had a little something she wanted to put on her. She handed the doll and the little piece of cloth to the priest and said, “Put this on her.” The priest dutifully tied what he perceived as a ribbon in Barbie’s hair and handed the toy back to my sister. She replied, “No, silly, that’s not a hairball, that’s a BRA! You know, mommy wears one, daddy wears one, YOU wear one!” We just about died laughing. (and of course my dad doesn’t really wear a bra, otherwise it wouldn’t have been as funny). Another time my mom had bible study over at the house with a bunch of ladies and another priest. Mom had the place all fancied up and everything went fine, but afterwards she went to the bathroom and noted, as she was sitting on the toilet, that in the reflection of the mirror, pasted all over the wall above the toilet (right where a man urinating would be facing) a dozen jumbo maxi pads.

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

:laughing:

Doctortobe ?Doctortobe?
    Participant

These stories are too funny. They especially make me laugh because there is one story that my parents insist on telling everyone I know about ME! When I was young and wearing diapers-not yet potty trained, my dad was a doctor in the Army. We were at the store on the army base and my mom took me into the dressing room with her to try on clothes. Just as she had completely stripped down to her bra and underwear, I slipped under the space below the dressing room door and took off running. By the time my mom got her clothes on and opened the door, I was nowhere to be seen. When she found me, I was sitting on a portable toilet that was on display in the store with my diapers at my ankles, going to the bathroom! needless to say, they had to buy the toilet :rotfl:

wannaBmdwannaBmd
    Participant

These stories are great! :rotfl: Oh, I was laughing so hard, I just about peed! :rotfl: So now cream cheese has permanently been labled *diaper rash cream* in our house.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.