just to let you know

Home Forums Career just to let you know

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mama me memama me me
    Participant

Hi everyone! I have not been to the site in quite some time. I wanted to update some of you who gave me some great advice and support a few months ago. I had posted a note asking for advice about taking a few years off from practicing to be home with my two young children. Several of you reassured me that this would not be the end of my career. I approached my employer about working one day a week, expecting them to say no. I made it clear that I had made my decision and was going to quit if they required me to return to my previous .8 position. Initially they said it was against company policy to work less than .8 (our clinic is part of an HMO). Then, about two weeks later, they said I could return one day a week on a trial basis. I was very pleasantly surprized! I guess it goes to show that there is no harm in asking for what you want. Thanks again!

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Hurray! This is great. I’m a firm believer in ‘don’t ask, don’t get, nothing ventured, nothing gained and so on. Let us know how things work out for you! Thanks for sharing.

Sethina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.