looking for a mentor

Home Forums Mentoring – Find a Mentor looking for a mentor

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rhbradlrhbradl
    Participant

I am in search of a physician in the Boston/Cambridge area that would be willing to let me shadow them, get to know them and hopefully, will become a mentor for me. I am enrolled in Harvard’s pre-med post bach program and am a full time mom. I would very much like to have more experience with the day to day grind of being a physician. I intend to study primary care and also have interests in preventive and alternative medicine, and Alzheimer’s disease. I graduated from Penn State with a BS in psychology in 1996.
    Thanks

ellieellie
    Participant

Hey
    I just wanted to suggest to you to try giving some of the practices there a call. Probably the best way to start would be by word of mouth to find out which docs on staff there allow/encourage folks shadowing them. Then I would give them/their secretaries a call and set up a meeting. That way they could meet you before they agree to let you shadow, and you them.

Just wanted to give you another alley to go down in case there aren’t any docs in that area with the ability to allow preceptors around.

Good luck!
    Ellie

ellieellie
    Participant

I didn’t conclude my reply using my entire brain…sorry about that.
    Just watned to give you an alternative in case there isn’t someone in that area that would have access to this forum.
    Ahhh, now you get it. :blush:

Ellie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.