Looong commutes

Home Forums General Discussion Looong commutes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SomedaySomeday
    Participant

Does/has anyone here had a long commute while in med school? Or worse yet, had to live apart from their family through the week?

I am still struggling with this decision – I could become and NP and go to school in the area. OR, I could follow my dreams and go to med school, the closest of which is two hours away. (On the positive side, the have a satellite clinical campus which is an hour away, with some rotations a mere 20 minutes from my house.)

I have been struggling with this for over a year now. We have a baby on the way, and hope to have another in the next few years. Has anyone else had to leave their family, and was it worth it? Moving is not an option. 🙁

Med4MomMed4Mom
    Participant

Hi Dagny,

I am in almost the exact same situation as you, except my kids are a tiny bit older. I hoped to be in school this year, but alas I am biding my time for one more year. I am trying to use this time to get my house in order, and get my kids a bit more independent…

I have a friend who did this, but her kids were 11 and 13 (when she started) which made things much easier in some respects and more difficult in others.

Mimi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.