manifesto for change

Home Forums General Discussion manifesto for change

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MomMDMomMD
    Participant

The MWF (UK AMWA equivalent) has developed a manifesto for change. I’d like MomMD to develop a similar manifesto, read this and let me know what your thoughts! This was largely developed due to the fact that 66% of UK medical students are women!

Click this link Manifesto for Change

Sethina

DuckDuck
    Participant

I read the MWF’s manifesto for change twice! Everyone should read it. Your site is very progressive and helpful to women…MomMD should
    definitely develop a similar manifesto!!
    It is in our best interest and those who come after us to be active instruments for change.

Duck

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Hi Duck,

You are absolutely right! Yes, we are going to develop a similar one and start publicising it!
    More soon,

Sethina :yes:

katherinekatherine
    Participant

Superb! Long overdue. Bravo for working on another one.

MomMDMomMD
    Participant

Yes, I’m excited about this manifesto for change. Especially in light of research like this… BBC flexible hours study

More soon….

Sethina

AnnK73AnnK73
    Participant

I have a plug-in issue with the UK manifesto but I wanted to put in a vote of support for a declaration of this sort. I think that maternity leave and more flexible hours, especially in residency is very important. I find it especially relevant that womens fertility is on the decline at the same time as many women (like myself) are doing their residencies, forcing us to choose between medicine and childbearing when it is really not ideal for us biologically to wait. Id love to see more acceptance for flexibility in residency.

Thanks for all the great information on MomMD!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.