MCATs before Orgo II

Home Forums Premed Students MCATs before Orgo II

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    undecidedundecided
    Participant

I’m going to start taking a postbacc program in January, very very psyched about that! However, with the way my schedule looks right now, I’ll be taking Orgo II and Physics II during the Spring semester of 2005, which is also when I’ll be taking the MCATs since I want to take it in April. Spring semester doesn’t usually start until late January. Any advice as to whether or not I will have covered sufficient OrgoII and Physics II material by April to sit for the MCATs and do well on those sections?? THanks!

amandapremedamandapremed
    Participant

I was in the same situation last April. As long as you can get an MCAT review book and understand what is covered there you should be ok. In my O-Chm. class, we had just gone over carbonyls when I sat for the test. They are all over the biology section! The AAMC has a list of topics covered on the MCAT, so print that off and start studying!

undecidedundecided
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply! How did you find the spring semester balancing OrgoII, your other classes as well as studying for the MCAT? How long did it take you to study?

milumommilumom
    Participant

hi
    i am looking for a post-bac program and was wondering which one you are going to?
    my friend (who is single) took the mcat while taking 2nd semester organic and physics last april and did very well. sooooo i am sure you will be ok!

undecidedundecided
    Participant

i haven’t decided which postbacc to go to yet? what i do know is that i’ll start in january, so hopefully be able to take classes in one of the CUNY’s such as city college since less expensive

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.