Med School vs Law School/ Pedatric ?

Home Forums Medical Specialties Med School vs Law School/ Pedatric ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Honey120682Honey120682
    Participant

Hi i am starting college in August I am torn between Med school and Law school. Is it possible to met the requirments for both and then decide when i i’m done if i would like to apply to med or law school.
    I’m considering pedatric. What is an average day for a pedatrician, such as what do they deal with on a daily and weekly basic like types of illness. Any advice please. :confused:

MelissaGrayMelissaGray
    Participant

With planning you can cover the prereqs of both while you are in college. Also, its not too unusual for someone to complete both a medical and law degree…of course that is a LOT of years of school. 😮 😀

A friend of mine was a premed major in college and completed all of the prereqs (including the MCAT) and then decided to go to law school instead. I don’t believe that he had to take anything extra, but you’d want to check with any schools you might be interested.

Honey120682Honey120682
    Participant

Thanks for your response!!! I will check with my college. 😉

DONOTDELETE ****DONOTDELETE**
    Participant

You can do both. Please, take my advice and do undergraduate in pre-med. You do not need a particular major for law school. You do, however, need your science courses including organic chemistry, physics etc. for medical school. I can think of two school off hand that offer a M.D./J.D. or D.O./J.D. program. They are The University of Pennsylvania and UMDNJ. I believe it takes six years to complete both. I, too, was torn about which I was most interested in. I decided to major in Political Science and Criminal Justice. I went so far as to take the LSAT. I lost my father to CHF a few years later. (I had just had a son and decided to take a few years off.) I returned for an additional two years of pre-req courses to get into medical school. If I had to do it all over again, I would have majored in Chemistry. Trust me, if you are torn now, take my advice. It will save you a few “make-up” years down the road if you decide to do medicine. Best of Luck to you. God Bless!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.